Lost at Bushmoot 2008 - crusader mugs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Probably one for the camp fire. Needless to say, the Pied Piper of Hameln better watch out, there's a new guy in town!

:D

Yeah a story for the camp fire. hey Spam, Ogri asked if I left my hat at my campsite, I thought I might have, but when he sent it, it turned out to belong to `HIM` lol! What do you reckon. Char-hat? fire starter?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
We could fashion a six foot by four foot spring trap called "The Mahoossive Nipper", bait it with the hat and wait for the vermin to spring the trap at next years Moot!

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I found some kit that must have been left behind from last year a few rotting bungees, pile of para cord and a stainless mug as I was packing away

Sure it didnt kicked under a bush? I say this because the moot is not the kind of place that people lift kit... but i do have a couple of spares chaps. So Dave and Spike drop me a line.

Sandsnakes

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Have a rep point that man....doh.......well have a virtual cuddly rainbow pixie point or something

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There were a few bits and pieces of kit picked up and left besides the wash up sinks through out the Moot, I've mislaid a spoon from a KFS set, and found I'm away home with one from someone else's kit, and I've got a pot that might be Firecrest's that was left in Scot's Corner when we cleared away stuff.

Not bad I suppose from all the stuff folks took and had around the place............found about twenty tent pegs from previous campers too :rolleyes:

I know at least one lady mentioned she was concerned about walking around the site on her own at night, tbh I never even gave it a thought, likewise I didn't worry about kit, and we had a lot of visitors. Just not the kind of crowd for it to be a problem.

To those who dealt with our only problem, without turning it into a source of natural materials :rolleyes: :D ........nicely done gentlemen :approve: :grouphug:

Toddy

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Well after reading all the post, i have lost 2 items, with my name engraved on them , first one An Osprey Nato Black water bottle for the last 15 Years, and a SFA sheath. 10 years I reported to Tony and Bush Moot crew on the Third while i was attending the Flint Knapping class, i have a thing about kit and all my sharps are well looked after and i am very meticulous about my very own kit and others, i found several bits of kit laying around even in the men loos and handed to the bush moot crew Myself. ! My kit always look brand new, as i spend a lot of time polishing, sharpening and generally look after them like race horses.
the interceptor boy.
p.s, if Anyone think i am lying then verify with Tony!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
That would be the bottle you left in my camp then, I left it in plain sight on the table where you left it, because I didn't know whose it was.

It certainly didn't have a name on it but it looked brand new to me.

It disappeared after a while so I presumed it's owner had collected it.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I almost lost my Black Crusader when someone gave it to Dave thinking it was his.

I try and keep most of my 'bits' tied to me - I'm very good at putting things down.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I found some kit that must have been left behind from last year a few rotting bungees, pile of para cord and a stainless mug as I was packing away

Sure it didnt kicked under a bush? I say this because the moot is not the kind of place that people lift kit... but i do have a couple of spares chaps. So Dave and Spike drop me a line.

Sandsnakes

Cheers buddy...You're an officer and a Jellyfish ...:D

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Spikey got one as he shouted loudest and the other was donated to another cause. You left it a bit late mate, better luck next time.:(

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE