Lost at Bushmoot 2008 - crusader mugs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Both Mad Dave and Spike's crusader mugs went missing at the Bushmoot. Spike's is black, not sure about Dave's. If anyone has discovered that they have a mystery mug in their kit, or found one (or two!) looking all lost and alone, could you let the lads know, please?

TVM :)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Both Mad Dave and Spike's crusader mugs went missing at the Bushmoot. Spike's is black, not sure about Dave's. If anyone has discovered that they have a mystery mug in their kit, or found one (or two!) looking all lost and alone, could you let the lads know, please?

TVM :)

Aye mine is a black un too:( It was on the axe sharpening table under the parachute near the main building and was moved from there)

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
A few bits of kit has gone missing at the moot, if you was out bush and misslayed your sleeping bag or cooking equipment you would be in deep doo doo, plus psycologically knocked down a peg, thats when mistakes start to be made, lesson to be learnt here, a place for everything and everything in its place eh..:slap:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
A few bits of kit has gone missing at the moot, if you was out bush and misslayed your sleeping bag or cooking equipment you would be in deep doo doo, plus psycologically knocked down a peg, thats when mistakes start to be made, lesson to be learnt here, a place for everything and everything in its place eh..:slap:

Mmmm except when something is taken from said place:rant:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's one of the problems with Crusader Mugs, they all look the same, although often on closer inspection they've all got different stains :D I was thinking of suggestion that people carve their names in them.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
That's one of the problems with Crusader Mugs, they all look the same, although often on closer inspection they've all got different stains :D I was thinking of suggestion that people carve their names in them.

We could have a security marking working and stamp them like the police used to do on your bike ;)

rancid badger

So are we talking THEFT here?

While your kit should always be "policed" or "squared away" you would think that at an event like this, you could relax a little more than at a fully open, public event. Then again, have i got it all mixed up?:confused:
Is the Moot open to the general public?:confused:

I did seven Chopwell forest festivals off the trot and never had a single thing go awol and this was an event held right on the urban
"fringe",open to absolutely all and sundry!-including the occasional bunch of lambrini swigging charvas. My/our kit was usually spread out for the public to view and we always had groups of younger kids, wandering around like little packs of tip rats:D

If someone has half inched this kit, then it really is particularly sad. I sincerely hope they have been picked up in error and that the folk who may have "acquired" them own up and return them asap.

I had honestly expected an event like this to be relatively toe rag proof!

Ah well:rolleyes:
R.B.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I can't see someone bothering to nick a crusader mug, unless they found it and thought "oh well nobody will miss this, might as well put it to use"

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It is relatively toe-rag proof, it seems that crusader cups are the thing that goes missing...I don't doubt that there's a chance stuff gets taken, although this would be the first Moot that's happened, but crusader cups, i've picked up the wrong one before, it's easy done. Other than crusader cups the only other thing i've heard went missing was a SFA sheath, which is another weird one.

I left things all over the place and it was all fine so I don't think it's too much of a worry.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I can't see someone bothering to nick a crusader mug, unless they found it and thought "oh well nobody will miss this, might as well put it to use"

If you find any bit of kit at a meet chances are it belongs to someone best thing to do is put it into a communal area with a note saying where it was found and hopefully reunited with its rightful owner, I know we should all trust everyone but you always come across the rouge element in any large gathering I have been to many festivals over the years and there always one or two arrested for theft....

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I left things all over the place and it was all fine so I don't think it's too much of a worry.

Though one of the Mods at the Moot stopped someone nicking my pile of seasoned firewood that I had brought from home, which was neatly stacked by my tarp. I've no problem sharing stuff with other people, but common courtesy dictates that you get permission first.

A very small niggle from what was otherwise a very good event attended by very good people.

Geoff

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Considering the rat that Wayland chased off (Yeah, I heard about that Gary! :D) it would not surprise me if a few iffy types slipped through the net. For the most part though, I was very humbled at the sheer niceness of people I met. Nobody riled me up, everybody was willing to share thoughts, ideas and banter! Simple things like mugs will go missing, it used to happen in the Forces all the time. There was one guy when I went through training who was excellent at "finding" other peoples kit!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Though one of the Mods at the Moot stopped someone nicking my pile of seasoned firewood that I had brought from home, which was neatly stacked by my tarp. I've no problem sharing stuff with other people, but common courtesy dictates that you get permission first.

A very small niggle from what was otherwise a very good event attended by very good people.

Geoff

Yeah, that's a bit cheeky! Saying that, the wood I brought was used by all the people in Coffee Table Camp to feed our communal fire, as that was what I took it along for. I would have been aggrieved if somebody took my wood to feed their fire pit though. Next year, I'll take a buck saw, there was tonnes of firewood about the place. I was sure somebody said there wasn't any!

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Yeah, that's a bit cheeky! Saying that, the wood I brought was used by all the people in Coffee Table Camp to feed our communal fire, as that was what I took it along for. I would have been aggrieved if somebody took my wood to feed their fire pit though. Next year, I'll take a buck saw, there was tonnes of firewood about the place. I was sure somebody said there wasn't any!

I got in with a good crowd from the Midlands, who pitched up next to me, and it was all share and share alike. Needless to say the 'wood thief' was not one of them, and was the only person in the very many that I met who I would not trust with my kit...

...but, yes, in the Army we were always on the lookout for 'buckshee' kit.

Geoff :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE