Long pig recipes for the genuine teotwawki survivalist....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Boatman,
Yes I heard these sort of jokes when I was a child and most likely repeated them to a close circle of friends - at that time there was no such thing as the internet or web-forums.

If I had repeated such jokes to my parents, whilst in someone else's house or in a public place I would have expected to get a thick ear for doing so - whether from parents, friends parents or any concerned member of the public.

As we age and gain experience we learn that these types of jokes are not acceptable when they are published via a medium that does not give any warning to its reader that any offence is intended, accidental or otherwise. The internet has places to go where you might expect to be offended and places where you would expect to be safe and family friendly - we pride ourselves in being in the later group.

Rich or not - it is my (and my fellow moderators) job to ensure that this forum stays family friendly - this was what we were tasked with when we were invited to accept this position of responsibility. If a post gets reported as offensive, we are duty-bound to "take offence" on behalf of the reporting member.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Ogri the trog
Forum Moderator

I just don't understand you lot - I post a serious and potentially life-saving topic, and some of you make a joke about it.................

For example, not one suggestion as to how long you need to cook zombie flesh to kill off the zombie-making pathogen? We really need answers to these critical issues.

According to the zombie survival guide by max brooks zombie flesh whilst not infectious if eaten is completely toxic and causes death. Both to carrion feeders like corvids and humans alike.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would stick to eating non-zombified bodies ... preferably fresh.
The real problem as I see it is where do you get Fava Beans after the apocraphlypse not to mention a good Chianti?
Would Blackberry wine and Hienz Beanz be acceptable?

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
I would stick to eating non-zombified bodies ... preferably fresh.
The real problem as I see it is where do you get Fava Beans after the apocraphlypse not to mention a good Chianti?
Would Blackberry wine and Hienz Beanz be acceptable?

That's where the prepping comes in John, Dried fava beans and chianti are a must have just in case.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Three points;

1. This is a bushcraft forum, not a survival one.
2. It's a family friendly forum; cannibalism isn't, if I make myself clear.
3. Some of the jokes were so unfunnily nasty that the reports brought the whole thing to the Mods attention far too often.

As ever, your understanding would be much appreciated.

cheers,
Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE