recipes for bread/cake

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Nigel - I feel a bushcraft recipe page coming on ;)

I'll give this a try when I'm back on my feet

Red

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
ozymandias said:
so does bannock hold together well in a pack? its just that i've found that lots of cakes etc fall apart or are shaken to bits in a bergen. i usually use biscuits fruit from army rat packs that i've saved from OTC but running out of those.

incidentally, biscuits fruit are amazing. anyone who hasn't tried some should get some pronto, though i suppose most of the people around here have already tried it.

I know that youre coming off the 'store bought stuff' but one of my long term faves from my army days is good old 'squashed fly' garibaldi biscuits. they are a good balance of sugar and carbs (sugar boosting alone is not good in a high energy use situation - you need the carbs & starch as well for slow release sugars). they are close to indestructable in a pack (or pocket), Light weight and best of all cheap as chips (cheaper actually). In extremis you can even crush them into a stew or boil up to thicken and sweeten foraged foods. Not to be overlooked.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE