list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i might go for another walk now, im thinking of doing this one as its in my village and i know the way
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i went on that walk yesterday and it was great, i hadnt been round that way before
i went into town today and bought some Karrimor ksb 300 S they retail for about £85 but in the sale they were £65, we were talking to the man about how i like bushcraft and stuff and he was very impressed, so impressed that he gave me another 20% off so that brought them down to about £50 how great is that.
im wearing them now around the house to break them in
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good boots Leon - I have a pair myself and like them except in real heavy use

Heres that photo I took today....he was a bold little fellow - nearly took the bird seed out of my hand!

386555858_bbf0ab6774_b.jpg

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
very nice pic red :D
can gaiters be fitted to the boots ?
im a bit annoyed as i just finished making some cordage out of clematis and it snapped, i need to produce two bits of cordage sharpish
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sure you can fit gaiters to most boots mate - well worth it too this time of year

Try again with the cordage - practice and all that!

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i would love to give that a go but doesnt that have to be soaked in a stream for 8 weeks or something like that ?
leon

leon-b said:
right, fenlander reccomended that i could collect tree buds, stick them on a bit of paper and them write down characteristics, bark etc heres the first one
DSCF0444.jpg

the bark was grey/brown and had deep ridges. any ideas
i had a little look and i think it may be beech :confused:
leon

Where was the tree Leon?.......park, garden or woodland? Did you check for old leaves beneath the tree to help you identify it?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
leon-b said:
hi i thought that maybe some of you experienced folk out there could help me compile a list of any thing bushcrafty for me to learn it will help an awfull lot of beginers that dont have a clue where to start in bushcarft like me

It seems you have come on a long way Leon, because now you are helping new guys like me getting into bushcraft, well done you! :You_Rock_

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
leon-b said:
i went on that walk yesterday and it was great, i hadnt been round that way before
i went into town today and bought some Karrimor ksb 300 S they retail for about £85 but in the sale they were £65, we were talking to the man about how i like bushcraft and stuff and he was very impressed, so impressed that he gave me another 20% off so that brought them down to about £50 how great is that.
im wearing them now around the house to break them in
leon

Thats a good pair of boots you have there Leon I have the same ones and have had no problems with them and they have done alot of miles over the Welsh mountains and the Brecon Beacons. :cool:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks for the info mate, i am now up and running and can post thanks ever so much tony
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Greg said:
It seems you have come on a long way Leon, because now you are helping new guys like me getting into bushcraft, well done you! :You_Rock_
thanks mate, glad im helping you, dont kno how though lol
leon

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
leon-b said:
right, fenlander reccomended that i could collect tree buds, stick them on a bit of paper and them write down characteristics, bark etc heres the first one
DSCF0444.jpg

the bark was grey/brown and had deep ridges. any ideas
i had a little look and i think it may be beech :confused:
leon
Looks like a Poplar to me, will stand corrected though.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
its nearly finished it just needs more rounding off, i havent done much recently to be honest, i just keep sanding it and then holding it and so on untill i am comfortable with it
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE