list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
leon-b said:
dont know if you lot have seen these yet but raymears.com is now dtocking berry pickers
link

You need to be careful Leon, now that you work for Woodlore you need to remember that you cannot post links to your employer’s website or promote any of their products or services. ;) :D

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i dont work for woodlore i am only doing a week there without pay in a few months time, but if you feel it is not allowed feel free to remove it
leon

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
leon-b said:
i dont work for woodlore i am only doing a week there without pay in a few months time, but if you feel it is not allowed feel free to remove it
leon

I can’t remove it Leon, it’s not my responsibility, nor would I if it were.

My statement was not a threat Leon, I was simply informing you that your new position (however temporary) affects what you can post under the rules of the forum, so that you don’t run afoul of them. :D

you may only be working at woodlore for a week (pay is irrelevant), but from now until the end of your employment you need to be mindful that your posts are not seen to advertise any woodlore products or services.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok sorry i thought you were a mod lol, ok i wont post links to the woodlore site untill then
thanks for letting me know

leon

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Stuart said:
I can’t remove it Leon, it’s not my responsibility, nor would I if it were.

My statement was not a threat Leon, I was simply informing you that your new position (however temporary) affects what you can post under the rules of the forum, so that you don’t run afoul of them.

you may only be working at woodlore for a week (pay is irrelevant), but from now until the end of your employment you need to be mindful that your posts are not seen to advertise any woodlore products or services.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Careful Leon big bruverz watching ;)

I suppose rules are rules though. :rolleyes:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
lol yes i see where hes coming from and i dont want to upset anyone
must abide by the rules this time lol
funny comment though
leon

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
leon-b said:
ok sorry i thought you were a mod lol, ok i wont post links to the woodlore site untill then
thanks for letting me know

leon

No worries, I'm just winding you up :D

Your post isn’t something anyone would really take seriously

Due to the number of people who have tried to take advantage of BCUK forum for personal financial gain, the rules of this forum with regards to advertising have become quite strict by necessity, however moderators don’t take action unless its clear that someone is deliberately flaunting the rules.

Which of course you weren’t (its not like woodlore need the advertising!) but I thought you might like to know anyway

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Stuart you are no longer a Mod so you should drop it.

A company invites people on work experience as a guest and are not employed by them.

I get the impression you are green with envy!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i dont want to argue or anything but im going to state my opinion on this one - sorry but i think you are wrong, i am going there for a week qithout pay, its basically like saying to someone you can post links to woodlore because your going on a course there in july lol
its a bit silly if you ask me
leon

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
wow almost all the people on my 'ignore user' list in succession, if spoony and bambodoggy had chipped in I would have had a complete set!

jason sears, Adi Fiddler and Phil562 as much as I know you enjoy a good stir and an argument perhaps you should relax and take this as it was written, in jest with a hint of irony

what happened to the age old tradition of pulling the leg of the 'work-experiance boy' ?

Do you remember me pointing out that:

"Isn’t something anyone would really take seriously"

Well I was wrong, you guys obviously do! :rolleyes:

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Stuart said:
wow almost all the people on my 'ignore user' list in succession, if spoony and bambodoggy had chipped in I would have had a complete set!

Is trawling and inciting others against forum rules? Or dont the rules count for you...

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Ok Adi, lets ignore the fact that this is a leg pulling excercise, something which has clearly gone straight over your head, I fully understand that anything more sophisticated than a 'fart joke' might be beyond your comprehension.

Let’s look at what you have to say

Adi Fiddler said:
The fact that an adult chooses to use there ignore list say a lot about them. How could anyone make an informed decision or have a view if they chose to ignore part of the debate..

because picking through all your childish stirring and fight picking really dulls the enjoyment of reading the forum, as for ignoring your input into any debate, I have never found any of your posts to contain any useful or positive input.

Starting an argument is not ‘input’ into a constructive debate, and that’s all you do. I turned off my 'ignore user' to read your posts here, and look what happened! :rolleyes:

Twice on this thread you have brought up moderators and on numerous times other threads.

Stuart said:
however moderators don’t take action unless its clear that someone is deliberately flaunting the rules

Stuart said:
please try to give the moderators some credit

Maybe it would be a good idea if you stopped ignoring your own good advice and leave it to the moderators, after all that is what they are here for.

Both my statements are factual and correct statements about the way this site is moderated, whats wrong with that?

Would you like me to quote every time you have referred to the moderators in a thread, or are you only against positive statements about them?

A young lad that has the opportunity to spend a week with Woodlore is going to be over the moon and going to want to tell the world. I am sure that Woodlore will not get anymore clients or earn any more money from Leon being excited. And, I take it that you wish Leon not to tell the forum about his experience with Woodlore when his work experience has finished?

Ok ignoring again that this is a leg pull, when did I imply that "Leon could not to tell the forum about his experience with Woodlore when his work experience has finished" :confused:

Woodlore will not get anymore clients or earn any more money from Leon being excited.

Um yes true, did I not say "its not like woodlore needs the advertising!"

If the forum is so worried about advertising then maybe there should be a blanket ban on Ray Mears name too because every time Rays name is used it is advertising. Every post re Ray Mears Wild Food was advertising the program or the up and coming book.

What are you ranting on about now??? What has people talking about Ray got to do with self advertising!

If you had left off leaping in for a good scrap for a just few hours I would have been able to let Leon in on the joke

I realise that you might possibly be doing this with the best intentions (though with your past history I doubt it) but are you going to hold Leons hand whist he does his work experience and start a punch up with any employee that pulls his leg?

At least ‘The Joker’ and ‘leon1’ saw the irony that eluded you :rolleyes:

I'm putting you back in the ignore box now, so would you like to take this to PM?

I can ignore you just as easily there, with out you further wrecking this thread!

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
I deleated that post because I felt it was a little unfare but i am glad you had the oppertunety to read it and comment :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE