list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks for the links mate, i have read a couple of reviews and i am now set on the AA maglite with an led conversion from the link you provided
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
went on a bikeride round rendelsham forest today and saw a snake i think it was an adder
leon

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Cool! What did it look like Leon, did it have a dark sort of zigzag stripe going down it's back with lots of little indents? How wide was it? Sometimes people mix adders up with grass snakes or even slow worms which is actually legless lizard.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i didnt get a good look at the adder, my sister got a better look i asked her and she said that it had a zig zag going down its back and it was just under 1 inch wide
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i now have a leather sheath sorted with rapidboy and should be ready in 4 weeks, its brown, right handed, with a firesteel loop and a standard belt loop
looking forward to recieving it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im very impressed with the saw, i have been cutting up some wood into shorter pieces so that they will fit into our chimnea it seems to cut very fast.
my crook knife has arrived and i hope to use it soon, i hope to carve quite alot this winter as it will be raining alot i will be inside carving alot of the time, any ideas on how to keep the mess to a minimum
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you have a tiled or lino floor in the kitchen, then that is the best place to carve! Carpets will get bits of wood shavings stuck in them and Mum will go mad!!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i have a kitchen with lino looks like i will be carving in there, i have just started carving a spoon, i have the shape roughed out i just need to carve out the bowl using my new crook knife and then its onto sanding and oiling
any tips on how to use the crook knife
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well the bowl is now carved its just the sanding and oiling left, it was fairly hard to start the bowl but once i got going and got the hang of it it was fairly easy
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well after getting me a sheath, a firesteel and a maglite LED my mum will spend a further £19 on me so what do you think i should purchuse with that money
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
What other kit have you actually got? Are you looking to replace anything with a better version? 20 quid would get you a Lowe Alpine Mountain Hat, or a silly hat as my missus calls it. It may look silly, but it is waterproof and warm, and you can get it in various colours and sizes. One of the best winter hats I ever bought!

Or you could get a Vostok watch, keeps good time and are nigh on indestructible! Good for bushcrafting.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
nearly finished the sanding with 240 grit and should be moving to finer paper soon
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
was thinking about the lowe alpine mountain cap but i didnt really want to spend £20 to £25 on a hat so i have just bought this instead looks ok
what do ya think to it?
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing wrong with a Thinsulate watchcap Leon - I wear my flat cap during the day (whether Bushcrafting or not ;)) and sleep in my watchcap when its cold

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have £17.50 left, i might get this its a genuine british army bivy bag, this could be a good bargain here
as usual no connection etc
would it fit over a large size army sleeping bag
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE