list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate i think i will have to watch that, sorry i got you wrong no i dont see reds i see grey squirrels, please dont laugh at me
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Promise not to laugh mate - some "greys" are actually quite orange in colour. If you get up North ever and see a proper Red though they are quite different - a lot smaller for a start. There are still pockets of Reds in England (Formby for example) so I thought there might be one over your way - they mostly prefer pine forests though. Tell me what you think of Country File when you've watched it

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
we have got alot of pine in our woods but it also has a lot of oaks and others in it
what time is countryfile on
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats good
i have £40 can you reccomend any more books i should get i already have bushcraft collins gem trees, collins gem food for free,collins nature guide wild flowers and collins nature guide birds
leon

Hey Leon,

Here's a bit of fun for you ;) you'll need a set of bathroom scales though.

I'm heading off to northern Sweden in a couple of days, but can only take 20 kilo's of kit. The temperature is ranging between up to 12 degrees during the day and below freezing at night, with some rain.

Choose up to 20 kilo's of your kit that you would want to take with you for 10 days away. BTW, I'm not taking any food :rolleyes:

Think about what kit you could take that would have more than one use such as a poncho for both a waterproof and shelter.

Put your list in a spreadsheet with a brief explanation as to why you are taking it and email it to me.

We'll compare lists when I get back :D

I'm sure members of the site will be more than happy to offer advice/help if you need it ;)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok
my sleeping bag will take up alot of that lol
i will get working on it tommorrow
ps what are you going to be doing in sweden
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok will get to work soon, red said 1.5 to 2kg for the sleeping bag, he also said he would have a look at it when i am finished and ceck it over
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my m65 copy has arrived, very thick isnt it, on the back at the top it has two holes and some velcro what is this for?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
it seems te hedgehog numbers are increasing round my way, tonight i saw 2 in 15 minutes
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Leon, not far from the big 1000!! I haven't been here for a few weeks as I was down in Bavaria Paragliding, I flew over the castle that is in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on Wednesday, about 300 metres above it!! I saw literally hundreds of kites and buzzards and there were some buzzards flying with some of the paragliders as I was going up the mountain in the cable car to launch!!

I therefore haven't been bushcrafting for a few weeks, but I was sorely tempted in Bavaria as I looked into the mountain ranges to just go off, Boletus mushrooms were growing everywhere, and the springs are completely pure there. The weather was fantastic and I really enjoyed it there.

I did a quick video clip for here and BB, but the sound didn't come out so good and my shout out is completely lost by the wind :( I was a bit upset about that as it was my last flight off the top of the Tegelberg, so I had no chance to redo it. I'll get them up soon enough though.

How was your holiday by the way?

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sounds like you had a great time, thanks i had a great holiday i did a bit of walking in the dunes and went mackrel fishing, i caught more fish than my dad :D
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sorry to ignore the thread for two days LEon - I'm struggling to get all my garden produce preserved (chillis and so on). I must have 200+ chillis waiting for the jar! Theres sloes all over and some late raspberries waiting for booze making and a mate gave me loads of plums too.

On top of that, I was out looking over new rifles and scopes yesterday and got caught up in it and ended up spending 3 hours in the shop :D. They didn't have the one I wanted in the right calibre in the end so I have to go back next week :). You'll have to come for a play when you are down this way!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE