list to learn

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Just looked at that Wildwood bushcraft site...one thing that caught my eye was

"Our team includes an experienced ecologist and qualified bushcraft instructor "

How does one become qualified at bushcraft instruction? :confused:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
just thought i would tell you that a muntjak deer walked about 2 meters away from me yesterday, it stood there for about 10 seconds and then made a run for it, i dont know why it ran all i was doing was sitting on a bench. anyway it must have been a young deer as it was only about 45cm tall, it is not spectacular infact i have seen loads of muntjak round my way, mostly in the woods they are quite common here
sorry didnt have a camera on me
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi
my mums mates husband used to be in the army and had one of his old rucksacks for sale it is a colmaster outbound if that means anything in camo and it cost me £5 did i get a good deal there?
leon

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
leon-b said:
hi
my mums mates husband used to be in the army and had one of his old rucksacks for sale it is a colmaster outbound if that means anything in camo and it cost me £5 did i get a good deal there?
leon

I reckon if you can use it, is worth a fiver. So long as it doesn't have any holes in it and it fits on your back, you're a winner!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes it doesnt have an adjustable back system but it is comfy so i take it, it fits me ok, it has loads of pockets. i am going to cornwall in a week so i will use it to hold all of my stuff for the trip (non bushcraft holiday) most of it will be clothes
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have just been watching 3 small bats flying round my garden chasing each other they are so funny i could watch them for hours
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
lol, i was wondering tommorow will we use a bow and drill set you already have or will we make our own one up when we are there, if we make one there will i get to take it home so i can practice
leon

leon-b said:
lol, i was wondering tommorow will we use a bow and drill set you already have or will we make our own one up when we are there, if we make one there will i get to take it home so i can practice
leon

The CD ROM teaches you how to make a set, so I think we should consentrate on technique and getting embERS! If you are successful, we can then make a set. I have enough materials for you to take a set home anyway. Bring a length of para cord with you by the way.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
so we will practice but i will still get to take a set home am i right, i have run out of paracord but i think some was sent to you for me so we can use that
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi guys,i am starting a new hole in the hearthboard for the bow drill but the hole doesnt seem to be burning in, do i need to put more pressure down?, do i need to drill faster?

thanks leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
also one of my spindles has wood worm will it still work or shall i ditch it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi, just thought you lot my be interested, this sunday(probebly) i will be picking sloes to make sloe gin (with my mum) it is the first time any of us has made it and should be good fun
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE