Leatherwork embossing plates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Ooohhh am FAR too excited! I'll be ginger amazon charged with accosting the poor postie every day, watch for me on Central News ;)

Oh... I forgot to post yours... :)

Only joking, hope they live up to expectations - they were all shrink wrapped to a backing card so difficult to see how good the definition is

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Mine were not etched right, they were done the wrong way around, and are useless.
so if anyone missed out on this, and wants to share a plate, so we will have quite a bit of space each, just send me a pm please.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
How do you mean by not right Lee?
My makers mark the lb and the diamond around it is raised, and I sent my art work to spandit, and I didn't no that what gets etched away is what is black, and what is white gets left, or the othe way around, me heads gone now, anyway it's left what I Wanted taken away, and took what I wanted left
im just going to have to start again that's all.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Lee didn't realise that the black bits of the image would be stamped into the leather - he wanted a negative to what's on the way to him.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
My makers mark the lb and the diamond around it is raised, and I sent my art work to spandit, and I didn't no that what gets etched away is what is black, and what is white gets left, or the othe way around, me heads gone now, anyway it's left what. Wanted etched and not took it away if that makes sense.
im just going to have to start again that's all.

Ok. He did mention that the black is what will be left behind. Looking back at the pic, your's is the other way to mine so your L will be raised. All may not be lost though with a bit of careful shaping of the outer it could make a very nice alternative to your others. Send them to me and I'll sort it for you.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
post removed
Mate I have no dought that the others will be spot on, this is me not knowing that the black gets etched away, there for its the wrong way around.
no drama mate has been a long day is all, and was really looking forward to getting me stamps.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Ok. He did mention that the black is what will be left behind. Looking back at the pic, your's is the other way to mine so your L will be raised. All may not be lost though with a bit of careful shaping of the outer it could make a very nice alternative to your others. Send them to me and I'll sort it for you.
Thanks stu, will have a look at them when they land, as I said to spandit the baby has not been well, and I have not been getting much sleep, has been a long day, and I'm a bit irritable, spandit has done a grand job, and I'm very great full for him, don't this, as these group buys are not easy dealing with people like me.
take care.
lee.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Thanks stu, will have a look at them when they land, as I said to spandit the baby has not been well, and I have not been getting much sleep, has been a long day, and I'm a bit irritable, spandit has done a grand job, and I'm very great full for him, don't this, as these group buys are not easy dealing with people like me.
take care.
lee.

I agree with Stu - Looking at em they should file down to leave you with stamps that give embossed diamond shapes, which albeit not what you wanted should at least be useful.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Mine just arrived. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good. Thank you so much for the GB and for having the patience to see it through. Good man.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Good service from Royal Mail! Good news is that the last person to pay has contacted me and he's on holiday. Just going to post another one today

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Arrived this morning you're a gent. They are a perfect size too boss and will stamp up a bow handle and post the pic ;)

garybeaver

Dec 23, 2008
Dorset
Arrived toady. Look fantastic. I can't wait to get them home and try them out.
Thanks so much for the hard work in putting this together.

Gazo

Need to contact Admin...
Arrived this afternoon and well please, thanks very much for the time and effort you put in.

Just tested my 3

20121017_140400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE