Leather Embossing stamp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I'm considering getting Le Prevo to make me up a stamp for embossing leather. The only thing is that it's pretty costly and there's about 20 sq inches, I only want an inch or two. Is there enough interest from others to do a joint purchase of a 20'' plate that will then have to be sawn up for the individuals? I think the cost for a 1'' square plus postage would be max in the £3 - 4 region. Any interest?

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Its not just a plate but a stamp already on the plate right? I dont see a use in a blank plate? Have I misunderstood?

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
I like the idea.
currently using a polymer (think rubber) stamp.
a magnesium one would last longer.
i'll keep an eye out incase this thread has legs

hairyhippy

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2009
Notts
I have a couple of designs I'd like made up that are probably 1" by 2" each. What format does the design need to be in?

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
How much do they want for the whole block? Can you give me dimensions?

I used to work at a printers who did hot foil embossing, so i have a contact who makes those blocks - i assume they are the same materials.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The details are here at
http://www.leprevo.co.uk/embossing.htm

A design 1'' by 2'' equals 2 stamps so it would just be double the price of one. The idea is that you put forward a design iaw the link above and we create a plate of 20'' sq between us, I get it and cut out the individual stamps and send them on.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
How are you going to work out the pricing?
I mean a square one inch by one inch design is easy, but designs are not always Square ( Wich can make setting them out on the plate awkward)
Are you just going to say that your designs will be calculated on the smallest Square/rectangle they fit into?

Mojo

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Dougster wow I only wanted 2 -3 squares myself but if you are happy to take the baton and run with it I am. I'd need your address to forward you my stamps.

Paul

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
The only problem with me doing it is the time you will all have to wait.

I'm swamped at work and got given another presentation for the end of next week, then away for a week.

If you are happy to wait I will pm my email for jpegs.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
would e-mailing the designs be satisfactory? (Leprevo state only to send designs 'hardcopy' by post)
I'm still in but need to firm up my design...so when is the expected deadline?

Mojo

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I had considered perhaps a 1" square and a 2"x2" of the same design - so 5 x 1" if I've got it right. If that fits in with the overall order whenever it happens then thats dandy :) Busy on the 'artwork' (using the term so loosely its baggy).

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Righto - I'll run this.

Deadline for designs is midnight Thursday of this week. (End of 21st October)

I'll print them on the laser at work and send them off.

I'll stump up for this initially but please note LePrevo don't add postage or VAT to the prices you see.

I will then have to post to you AND add paypal.

All in all £1.97 per square inch will end up being over £3.

If you are happy with all this please pm me and I will provide an email address for you to send it - as a two tone black and white image, preferably as a jpeg so I can set it out on one sheet for printing.

As an aside I work in a school where most things are monitored, so there will be a raised eyebrow and probably a refusal to do it should you wish to mark your leather with something 'fruity'.

Richard

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Heres mine. 2 please
1inchhammerandanvil.jpg

and bigger
hammerandanvil.jpg

It's my new Avatar - a little more fitting me thinks
Question - Will they work to use as an ink stamp?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE