Leather Embossing stamp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
You should've had an email from me yesterday. I'm happy with the price.

G

I did mate. That's two. Just hoping to get this sorted this week. I am swamped at work so the sooner the better.

Also - I made a mistake. I am out giving a presentation ion Friday so Weds night would be much better, or it'll be back a fortnight.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Just found this deadline.....
Gonna be tight, so i'll see what needs to be done.

Just to confirm Dougster, are you correcting the size of the images or are you just going to send the hardcopy out with notes attached?

Mojo

Last edited:

ganstey

Settler
Also - I made a mistake. I am out giving a presentation ion Friday so Weds night would be much better, or it'll be back a fortnight.

Were we going to meet up on Friday? I thought we were done for the time being. I'm happy to leave to a couple of weeks as I'm a bit snowed under at the moment. I'm putting together a Le Prevo order at the moment so let me know if there's anything you want me to add.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Graham No - I am doing a work thing elsewhere so not in my work to print it. Thanks for the offer but I'll put my stuff in with this.

Mojo - I will print what I get, it's up to you lot to get the size right as I wouldn't want to change anything.

If people are happy I can extend it a fortnight as I am in no rush.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
so - at the risk of causing :banghead: - to get what I mentioned above (one 1"x1" stamp, and one 2"x2" stamp) you would require two jpegs with paper sizes of exactly those dimensions? I know I'm being dull but I haven't long changed machines and the drawing software I've always used died with the old one - not sure how to keep the quality and resize with what I currently have.

tel

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
I'm working on mine, should finish it tonight.

I'm not too savvy when it comes to MS Paint....so will have to do some revision on formating.

Seeing as you are in a school environment Dougster, I take it you have acsess to MS word?
Can i send the file out as an image on a word document (as it will be easier to send you a no hassle easy to print doc.)
Or do you just want a .jpeg on its own?
Honeslty I'm just tryin to make it as easy for you as possible.

Mojo

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
so - at the risk of causing :banghead: - to get what I mentioned above (one 1"x1" stamp, and one 2"x2" stamp) you would require two jpegs with paper sizes of exactly those dimensions? I know I'm being dull but I haven't long changed machines and the drawing software I've always used died with the old one - not sure how to keep the quality and resize with what I currently have.

tel

If you ask me to resize, I will. BUT I will accept no responsibility. I think the best thing to do is sort jpegs onto a word document with all the designs on - then email it back to people to check - you print it as is and see for sure.

It means we will go back two weeks but that is better than having worthless stamps. If I go mucking about with the designs of others then I end up with stamps nobody wants, nor more importantly, is prepared to pay for.

In essence Tel - yes, if you want two stamps - you have to send me two stamps.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
OK Dougster - really appreciate your time on this. I'll sort the two images to size - as far as I can be sure - and I'll be responsible in any event. Wouldn't ever do it any other way - and certainly wouldn't leave you holding the tab after sorting it in the first place. If it doesn't work then I've gained experience and a couple of paperweights suitable for not very much paper... no sweat. ;)

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
There are a couple of things which are appearing that I hadn't taken into account.

We are paying for the whole block - not just the 'printed areas' which means I have to allow for space to cut them up. This means about 1/4 inch around each picture. I believe the best way to do this is to charge for each square inch used - for example if your design is 1.5 inch by 1.75 inch, it's charged at 2x2 to allow for the space around the edge. Unfortunately this also means 1.25 x 1.25 means 2x2 - if that makes sense.

I am using a 1 inch sqaure or 1 by 2 etc on WORD and then making my drawing slightly smaller. Make sense?

You will see by the end sheet that I am doing my best to ensure as little waste as possible but this needs a litle lateral movement to fit it all together and to allow the hegner to fit between each design. I will leave edge finishing and rounding off to the user.

There is no way this is going to get done by tomorrow either. I will work with what I have and email the completed sheet to all those who have submitted designs to check. I will only proceed with the designs that are okayed with the terms and prices at the last stage. This should be at the end of next week. I will print and send a week on Monday.

Phew this is complicated.

Last edited:

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I just know I'm going to cock this up - anyone else want to explain it to an idiot as I get the feeling Dougsters patience is fragile by now? I've been trying to fit an image in a 1" square and thought I had it cracked - now if it needs 1/4" around for cutting is this shared by the adjacent images or is the image limited to 1/2" x 1/2"? Believe me I'm not usually this thick....

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Damnation....just made mine 1 inch (25.4mm) by 21.7mm.....does this fit into the 1" squared or 2*2....
I see your point......very hard to get around without seeing all the designs.
If i fall into the 2*2 section then i'd like to put a second smaller design in the 2*2 (leaving enough room for you to cut around).

You have a huge task there.....sorry!

Mojo

P.S. I'm pretty much ready. I can send the designs when ever you need them!

Last edited:

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I just know I'm going to cock this up - anyone else want to explain it to an idiot as I get the feeling Dougsters patience is fragile by now? I've been trying to fit an image in a 1" square and thought I had it cracked - now if it needs 1/4" around for cutting is this shared by the adjacent images or is the image limited to 1/2" x 1/2"? Believe me I'm not usually this thick....
I cannot link this (comes up as weapons on) but google "leprevo embossing stamp britishblades" in images. I think it is the 5 image along.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Cheers Tadpole - that much I understand. what I was getting at was if 1/4" is required for cutting, is that shared by two images next to eachother, or do they each need 1/4" - effectively giving you a 1/2" space for cutting, and reducing a 1" square to a usable size of 1/2"x1/2". It may seem like I'm over-complicating but it'll make a considerable difference to what I can and can't do.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Right.

I will make a word document. I will insert text boxes and make them 1 inch by 1 1 x2 etc etc

I'll fit the pics in and arrange them as best I can.

I will then email the word document with all the pics in. Agree if you like it - or say if not and I will remove it from the grid.

Fire them all over and I'll sort it when I get back next Weds morning.

1/4 is each really, but what I'll do is work out % of the space taken as % of the cost to make it best fit for us all.

Mine are almost all 1 inch sqaures so I'll sneak them in the gaps to sort it.

Hope this helps.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
PM'd you Dougster,
Having trouble sending attachments using BCUK mailing system (can it be done?)
Do i Need another adress to send the Word .doc to?

Mojo

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
OK, the word document I will print on Monday is done. I'll email it to eveyone tonight. If you could please highlight your in blue if it is OK and I will know who's is who's properly. If you aren't happy we will sort it. Please Print it to check as that will be the actual size. I will cut them out but leave it to the individual to finish the edges to their satisfaction.

1 inch by 1 inch is the marker so I wil endeavour to let you know how many units you are paying for, as it were.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE