Rough Close 15 ~ 17 January 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
​Post Christmas Day pre New Years Day bump :D

Meet List
:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
02. Wayland
03. Midnitehound
04. Neil and Clare
05. Rob and Ross + 2 kids
06. TinkyPete TBC
07. MarkN
08. Nic Le Becheur
09. Nomad64
10. Dasy2k1 (TBC)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Depends ... how much additional seasonal ballast have you gained and need to shift? :p

It's seasonal insulation and so still needed. :p I'd rather shiver me timbers around a warm fire than shiver me ballast to stay warm. Of course shivering someone else's ballast is always an option too. :naughty:

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
Insulation? The way we're going there's a chance you'll be a boil in the bag cosy ;)

Considering this lovely weather we've been having, does anyone know Rough Close well enough to comment on such things as land drainage? Should I be thinking about velcro-ing the Polish lavvu edges to the sides of an inflatable dinghy, and bring along a mooring cable?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Considering this lovely weather we've been having, does anyone know Rough Close well enough to comment on such things as land drainage? Should I be thinking about velcro-ing the Polish lavvu edges to the sides of an inflatable dinghy, and bring along a mooring cable?

It's been known to get somewhat damp underfoot at RC :rolleyes:

Having said that there has been quite a bit of work done on the ditches around the site so you should be fine

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Should I be thinking about velcro-ing the Polish lavvu edges to the sides of an inflatable dinghy, and bring along a mooring cable?

That would certainly be fun to see :D .

Like any woodland and field it can get ... moist :eek: A decent sized, not holed, groundsheet should see you fine :)

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Still debating whether to go bring my hammock or bell tent..... Probabbly end up bringing both and pitching the one that seems best on the day

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Really sorry guys but last minute work issues are going to prevent our attendance, gutted. :(

We'll certainly be up for the March TORM.

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
02. Wayland
06. TinkyPete TBC
07. MarkN
08. Nic Le Becheur
09. Nomad64
10. Dasy2k1 (TBC)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Really sorry guys but last minute work issues are going to prevent our attendance, gutted. :(

We'll certainly be up for the March TORM.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully more of an inconvenience than problematic ~ thanks for letting us know. As you say, catch you at the TORM Meet :)

Meet List:

01. decorum
02. Wayland
03. TinkyPete (TBC)
04. Red Fox
05. MarkN
06. Nic Le Becheur
07. Nomad64
08. Dasy2k1 (TBC)

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Sorry to hear that, hopefully more of an inconvenience than problematic ~ thanks for letting us know. As you say, catch you at the TORM Meet :)

Is an inn convenience where you bomb the porcelain god of the local watering hole? :rolleyes:

I'd purrrchased 2x wun tun bags of oriental offcuts and crammed them in the back of the white man van too. :240:

I'll just have to post them for you now.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looks like it will be a small meet then!

... compact and bijou ...

I may make an appearance if I can. I won't add my name as it is 50/50 atm.

No worries Bodge. Be good to see you if you can make it, if not then there's always Spring TORM in March :D

I'd purrrchased 2x wun tun bags of oriental offcuts and crammed them in the back of the white man van too. :240:

I'll just have to post them for you now.

Have you checked the bags for cats? :p (Aren't you supposed to have money in the kitty?)

Aren't offcuts a bit too short to be posts? (Certainly way too short to be Stormtroopers! :) )

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
wun tun oriental wood.jpg

There you go, wun tun bag is now posted. Hope the thought of it keeps you warm. :p

You'll be stormtroopers if it keeps raining like it has. Yep, I said it! Up Schroedinger's Scat Creek without a paddle. :canoe:

If you burn wun tun bags of kitty litters do they go woof? Twisted Siamese fire starters, ha!

siamese-connection-fire-department-sign-s-8854.jpg

Obviously some aren't house trained! I suppose you could just strap them to the ceiling, puuurfect to prevent catastrophic fire. ;)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...You'll be stormtroopers if it keeps raining like it has. Yep, I said it! Up Schroedinger's Scat Creek without a paddle. :canoe:

As someone else has mentioned it (and is therefore liable for all blame :p :D ) ...

The weather forecast is looking _interesting_. With that in mind I may, or may not, lug in the communal 'chute. This is primarily because I've a choice between travelling on foot or on bike ~ and 'chute and rigging kit weigh in (iirc) at over 20kg :yikes: . And towing a trailer in icy conditions is ... erm ... _foolhardy_ ;) . (And I certainly ain't carrying it! :rofl: )

I'm sure we can cope :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE