Important info i need to share with my friends here !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Allan Blade

Hey all,

I havent been around the past few days and i apologize if i was a few days late getting out a few packages and such.

My Grandfather who is 84 yrs old had a stroke saturday and i had to go secure his belongings in storage.

He will be here with me and my family for about 6 months until my mother can move to town to take care of him so i am going to have to make knive at nite and on weekends .

I am still going to be fullfiling my individual knife orders as i have been but i wont be able to take multiple orders more than one at a time until 6 months when my mother takes over his care.

Its been emaotional the past few days as i know he probably doesnt have many years left or if he will make it until my mother moves here in 6 months, its in GODS hands as far as that goes.

All i can do its my best at taking care of him and still making individual knives i have current orders for to continue to live and pay bills. I appreciate all of you who have faith in me and my work , and if you have a individual order with me i will be getting it finished, as i really need the income and work right now.

I just wanted to let you all know because i consider all of you who have supported me as friends and felt i needed to be upfront and honest about it and let you all know.

Regards, Allan Blade

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
Sorry to hear about your families sad time.

you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Take care.

Geoffrey.

PS when you are back up and running I will be placing an order with you.

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Sorry to hear your news Allan. I hope things work out for you and your family. I wouldnt worry too much about getting your orders out, as your life changes so do your priorities.
I have a packpal on order and am quite happy to wait as long as it takes. Whenever you can get round to it is fine with me :wink:

Cheers,
Simon

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, family first mate, has to be that way. thanks for being straight up about it and I hope things pick up for you. Pass on our best to the family :biggthump

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Being willing to take care of your elders is a very bushcraft / traditional attitude, I'm sure everyone will understand your situation and be thinking of you and your family

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
All the best from over here Allan - hope things work out OK. Anyway - having to wait for something only makes you appreciate the more when you receive it !

Cheers

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Prayers and good wishes are psychologically supportive, but if I read Allan's predicament right he has to work day and night to keep the bills paid.
Would it be unreasonable, given his excellent work and service, for those of us who have ordered knives and await them to show some practical support and send him a "deposit" to help his cash flow?
Just a thought (I don't have many thank goodness).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE