how drunk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
You know it's time to stop drinking when the wall that you are leaning against is covered in pinecones and twigs and the wall opposite is covered in stars!:D Just don't let Timinwales anywhere near this thread with his mobile phone!:eek:

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
a couple always go down a treat but a couple of years ago it ended up as a couple of bottles. i woke up the nxt morning feeling great apart from the 1 inch layer of frost on my clothes and my tent and sleeping bag neatly packed away and ready to go. I didn't drink mead again (till i got home:D )
Baggins

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
You know it's time to stop drinking when the wall that you are leaning against is covered in pinecones and twigs and the wall opposite is covered in stars!:D Just don't let Timinwales anywhere near this thread with his mobile phone!:eek:

Haha yea love that, go for a walk after youve had a few and somehow your laying down all relaxed could be laid in mud you dont care and looking up at the stars , awesome :lmao: :tongue-ti

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Well i have certainly partaken in some of the various beverages that have gone round the fire at moots , even sunk a few tins . I dont tend to jump up and do silly things , its more i tend to waffle about complete rubbish !! Although I did help a certain Mr Pickett out of a fire once !!:lmao:
Although i have yet to experiance a hangover whilst at a moot . Think its a combination of the fresh air and being up early with a coffee in my hands .
If out on my own or just a couple of people , i generally dont though . Think its a social thing with a large group .
Pumbaa

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I notice there are no postings from this years "Naughty Corner" Nothing from the wrestlers even....

Not a mention of wolfbagging either?? Womble where art thou.... I hear Longstrider is lookin' for ya !! LOL:lmao:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Had some very messy nights whilst wild camping in my youth, including waking up with no eyebrows and a receeding hairline due to rolling over into the fire at 3 a.m.

Also fell over whilst scrambling in pitch black near Scafell on a bivvy bag trip at New Years eve, a long and painful walk back to the cars told me somethiing wasn`t quite right. A trip to the hospital the next morning revealed I had in fact broken my ankle and spent the next six weeks on crutches.

Only take a hip flask of my favourite tipple now though just to be safe.

Rich

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Now I am not saying that I don't drink - but I dont get ratted in the outdoors!
A few drops to lubricate the system is great - but who needs the world rotating as you get into a swaying hammock?
I find it more fun to watch those who over imbibe make total prats of themselves and although I may be over the limit for driving folk to A&E I am still capable of first aiding.....
a camera on these occassions is essential!

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
My mate downed 5 pints in less than half an hour and puked in a saucepan lol Iv never been that wasted around the campfire. Ruins the atmos.

Besides I learned my lesson after 10 budweisers, 2 Js n tonnes of fish n chips...

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
never had a problem with it my self

Yes John. We know.

DSCN1899.jpg

To the uninitiated... The infamous Essex group drinking horn that is never allowed to be empty!

Pablo.

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
My mate downed 5 pints in less than half an hour and puked in a saucepan lol Iv never been that wasted around the campfire. Ruins the atmos.

Besides I learned my lesson after 10 budweisers, 2 Js n tonnes of fish n chips...

lightweight Hahaha:p

it doenst ruin it atmosphere, whats better than being merry and happy with a few good mates sat round a camp fire enjoying life

ady05

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
kings lynn, norfolk
Ady05 and myself never go to the woods without a few beers and wine we never get up to anything stupid we always take so much food to cook that we dont often get drunk :beerchug:yeah right

mmmmm im sure its the other way round thomas. we take that much beer that theres no time to cook food glad theres a takeaway close to our spot :beerchug:

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
Don't drink alone. Booze is, amongst other things, a depressant. I find that if I am drinking with only myself for company, I make lousy ruddy company.

The other big thing is trust. Trust the people you are with. If they say you probably shouldn't drink any more - they may be right. If they say that it is a stupid idea - it probably is. This cuts the other way as well. If someone is enjoying themselves - let them. Just make sure they have some water before they hit the sack, and make sure they can actually find their own tent anyway. Look after your friends, and your friends will look after you.

So yes, I have been drunk by the campfire. I have been unable to climb up out of a drainage ditch. I have fallen over the entire kitchen area in one hit. I have ranted about anything and everything until the sun was well and truly risen. But I had fun, everyone else tells me they had fun, and you know what? I will probably do it again.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I've been REALLY drunk around a campfire only once - years ago (I would say that wouldn't I... when I was young...;))
Ended up being one of many attempting somersaults on a huge trampoline someone managed to find. Landed wrongly, hurt my neck, tried again, landed wongly, hurt my neck more, sanity prevailed. No more trampolines!
Seriously I don't remember much more about that night, but my neck killed for about a month later. Really thought I might have broken it.
Probably been a couple years now since I've had any more then one or two pints in an evening. Never drink in the outdoors. I'm usually on my own for one thing, plus I'm a lazy sod and don't like carting it to wherever I'm staying!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE