2024 Bushcraft Goals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
How are your goals coming along? Accountability time!

Well, we've started Offa's Dyke path but sadly not made much progress on anything else :(

We gave away two nights in out shepherd's hut as a prize draw to raise money for the Habitats Management Group and the winner is staying down this weekend - but that doesn't count as using it :(

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Well mine isn’t that hard - to camp in all four seasons. I’m well on schedule :)

To carve a link - this is surprisingly difficult. Not because I lack the skill ( I have yet to discover this) but because I have so many things that I want to do and I am blissfully undisciplined.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
How are your goals coming along? Accountability time!
Pretty well so far, still have a positive balance in the account from what I have sold so far in comparison to what I have spent. Feels pretty good as well and hoping to have enough to take the family away for a weekend break (in the UK) in the summer half term.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Some progress making bits of kit - a couple of saami-style pouches and pocket "ouch pouches" in my first attempts at leatherwork. Not necessarily pretty but functional, and I'm learning plenty about what not to do!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
There were a few days in March where you could've done that on the same day. :)
Did that! 13 - 15 March.

I might amend to every two months and go for monthly. It’s certainly no hardship if I can find sites.

bearbait

I've been managing to get a few "projects" done. It's been a little difficult until a week or so ago due to the weather.

Amongst others...
This is baking in a Billy on a Firebox Stove. The Zebra Billy Tin baking kit includes a piece of shaped wire to help keep coals on top of the billy for baking. I've found that one can't put many coals on the top and it's a little precarious keeping them there. This is my mod using the wire to hold a foil container on top so I can pile a good few coals there. It makes it easier to open and close the door (lid) in situ without losing the coals on top.

IMG_20240520_201200.jpg

Pizza cooked in cast iron frying pan.

IMG_20240525_193223.jpg

IMG_20240525_194022.jpg

Baked potato in the Firebox Dutch Oven with sausages in the Skillet, on briquettes, and stir-fried veg on wood.

IMG_20240524_202058.jpg
IMG_20240524_204507.jpg

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I've been managing to get a few "projects" done. It's been a little difficult until a week or so ago due to the weather.

Amongst others...
This is baking in a Billy on a Firebox Stove. The Zebra Billy Tin baking kit includes a piece of shaped wire to help keep coals on top of the billy for baking. I've found that one can't put many coals on the top and it's a little precarious keeping them there. This is my mod using the wire to hold a foil container on top so I can pile a good few coals there. It makes it easier to open and close the door (lid) in situ without losing the coals on top.

View attachment 88071

Pizza cooked in cast iron frying pan.

View attachment 88072

View attachment 88073

Baked potato in the Firebox Dutch Oven with sausages in the Skillet, on briquettes, and stir-fried veg on wood.

View attachment 88074
View attachment 88075
Good work! That all looks very tasty. I am particularly impressed by the pizza!

eddieb

Jan 17, 2014
Essex
My goal Is over a couple of years but itsto increase my nights outside from 100 to 200 - just completed another 4 nights and a couple more planned is a few weeks :)

Reactions: Megatramp
my goal for this year (actually several years but somehow always something came in-between...) was to climb a mountain. a week ago (after plenty of hassle during preparation) i finally took off -- sadly i didn't reach my goal: #1 what the map marked as a dirt road part of the way turned out to be a muddy pack horse track (with all of Costa Rica's bloodsucking insects waiting for me), so it took me much longer than planned to reach my "jump-off point". #2 my shoes caused a nasty infection on my ankle so i decided to head back (smart move as my right hoof is still swollen and infected)
nonetheless i had a good time and quote the Governator: "i'll be back!" (next year)

apart from that i'm focusing on practising my skills, work on my gear and tey to learn more about the jungle and it's uses :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE