how drunk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
In a bushcraft situation I tend not to drink much at all. The odd single malt if I'm soloing, possibly a couple more if there are a few of us. I tend towards more quiet contemplation when in bushcraft mode. That's not to say I can't make a complete t1t if myself when the need arises:lmao: .

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
When I was younger I went camping with a friend who thought after getting drunk that it'd be a good idea to set fire to his Dr Martins boots while still wearing them, and then proceeded to run around the camp with flaming boots. In the morning he woke up with a sore head and no recollection as to why his boots were melted.

:lmao:

"Civilisation" has me drinking like a fish! When I'm "out" - the occasional nip of Laphroaigh or brandy in coffee is enough. Mind you, I'm usually alone and intoxication would detract from the experience. Having a sesh around the campfire with friends is a great experience - just make sure you lock the sharps away first ;)

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
yes of course we are more sensible ans responsible now but be good to hear what we have done
and yes i agree mostley i dont drink when im out it robs you of the next day saying that i still will from time to time - mind you i am out a lot and i think its all part of the course

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Too drunk! its nice to have a few cans by a camp fire, infact im going to on wednesday for just that, But when you wake up in the morning and your hand is burning and swollen you realised the night before you shouldnt have been trying to pick up a burning log ( whata idiot !! )

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
when im out camping I dont usually drink, but there is one anual event for me where I am dealing with a large camp-fire whilst drinking... we call it 'The Party in the Woods 2007' etc. My well'off friend who owns a good bit of woodland puts on a grand party in the woods each year for free! Your talking 300 parifin latterns lighting up the land & making a beatiful run-way through the woods, free food & drink (spit-roast-hog & more) for the hundreds aswell as a stage built into the woods for bands and any musical artists to put on a show. They do a fitty'job and im always the one stoking the fire long into the night drunk or not and tis a bloody large fire at times. Mind you im tending to drink less and less at these do's as they're pulling me into Security at the event now! :( I wouldnt miss it for the world, a party done with a true Cornish spirit, sitting round the fire hearing someone on the stage playing the tin'sandwich does it for me.

I made a video of 2006, checkout the huge kegs of chilli cooking round the fire:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay...607&start=0&num=30&so=0&type=search&plindex=0 - there's some variety in music after, harmonica and didg, rock, all sorts. If your down here in Cornwall next summer your more than welcome to come!

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I'm quite surprised, I never get stupid ideas when I'm drunk (certainly not setting my boots a light or mocking about with burning logs), what I'm I doing wrong? :confused:

To be honest I don't drink so often, even less often outdoors. Don't feel the need for it.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, I've gotten pretty darned drunk on a few occasions... Once I got such a bad case of the whisky sweats that when I woke up in the morning, it was literally raining inside my tent. And then there was the heavy session in the Clachaig after things went horribly wrong on Bidean Nam Bien... All I'll say about that occasion is that camping right next to running water may not be the best idea if you've been drinking a lot of beer.

Well usually on a true bushcraft site, maybe a little nip but definitely not a necessity.

but on the Dutch meeting at Mol's place I got pretty p!ssed..slept like a beaut in a chair near the fire but they could NOT get that beer bottle out of my hands :D

other then that no silly things with sharpies/fires etc...

When out alone I tend not to drink or just one "glass" and than stare at the flames and let my thoughts go free...

Grtz Johan

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Last time a mate and I went out to kip up a mountain we took a bottle of Laphaiog with us and both ended up fegless as a lart, walking down the next morning was a slow do:(

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
Ady05 and myself never go to the woods without a few beers and wine we never get up to anything stupid we always take so much food to cook that we dont often get drunk :beerchug:yeah right

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE