Horn neckies..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Custom job for SimonM:
DSC05020.jpg

Awwww... :)

Harmony

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2008
Spokane, Washington USA
Looking forward to getting this from across the big pond.

As you can see Cap'n B. made this horn into a brooch. Think the wife is going to be very pleased.

The logo signifies the business we were in. Horse stable, "Harmony Stables", and our love of driving horses and mules.

As a hand crafter myself, I think it is important to support the skills of a craftsman like Cap'n B.

We do craft trading here. You should try it in the UK. I send two of my tine' boxes to an artist, she paints one, keeps one. Every one is happy.

I can bend wood but I sure can't paint.

I talked about you, Cap'n B., at my monthly scroll saw meeting. They all wanted to know how you cut the horn.

Harmony

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Wow...thank 'e fer the 'Big up' Dave..lol
I cuts them wi' a jewlers saw....tiny, tiny blade about a mil' across....had it for years. Used t' cut 'non-national' coins for a laugh years ago.(some have very interestin' designs)....but lost the blades in the house s'where....found them again last week an' thought...hmmmm...I wonder ifin I can make a neckie fer mesel'....posted a couple here....an' suddenly....POW!....international seller!....lol.

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
Cap'n not only you international seller, but I think with every new piece you getting better and better.
I am very pleased to be amongst first people to get neckie from you and like I said to you before, once I start doing something myself you definitely be remembered.

All the best mate.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Cheers fella....Messin' about this morn' an' did This..
DSC05042.jpg

..but not happy wi' it....the design is cool....but don't like the bottom edge.....very prone t' breakage methinks......so gonna have another go tomoz, but make it more central an' block out edges a bit.:D.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
You should be able to get hangers etc from a hobbycraft, or other craft store.

Are the first images Scout Patrol images? They look really familar. If not good source of those sort of images.

Really good work!

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
You should be able to get hangers etc from a hobbycraft, or other craft store.

Are the first images Scout Patrol images? They look really familar. If not good source of those sort of images.

Really good work!
They could be fella.....did a clip art search b4 startin' some o' the designs....so others may have used it too....Not gonna go get hangers, But rather workout propper 'placin' fer future wolves..lol...but thank 'e anyway mate.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just got mine - even better than expected!
It will be part of the wifes Xmas prezzie (dont worry - she never visits the forum!) and I hope that she likes it as much as I do - or I will "liberate" it on Boxing Day!:D

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Glad ye likes it John....twas the second one I made....wasn't happy wi' the feathers/wing tips.....but gettin' better the more I do...(as is the case fer everything I guess..lol).
General notice!
If anyone is being charged 'extra' from PO as regards these items...please pm me asap.
Just got off the phone wi' PO an' they are all within' the 'Rules'.....apart from maybe the width of the envolope for some....(has t' be .5 cm)...so it maybe the bubble wrap causin' postage probz.....(if ye've had any). I'm gonna start sendin' these out 'between' thin card as suggested by the PO so keep me informed please.....soz fer that!.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
General notice!
If anyone is being charged 'extra' from PO as regards these items...please pm me asap.
Just got off the phone wi' PO an' they are all within' the 'Rules'.....apart from maybe the width of the envolope for some....(has t' be .5 cm)...so it maybe the bubble wrap causin' postage probz.....(if ye've had any). I'm gonna start sendin' these out 'between' thin card as suggested by the PO so keep me informed please.....soz fer that!.

Ask them for pricing information, and it might be worth saying you are thinking about a franking machine. They send business customers with their price list a frame like the one in the post office, so you can size your stuff.

They could be fella.....did a clip art search b4 startin' some o' the designs....so others may have used it too....Not gonna go get hangers, But rather workout propper 'placin' fer future wolves..lol...but thank 'e anyway mate.

No probs some of them look very familar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE