Horn neckies..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
What Cap'nz get up t' while Not at sea.
Found a new creative avenue....
DSC04912.jpg

DSC04917.jpg

DSC04918.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

DSC04937.jpg

Metal/leather keyring...
DSC04922.jpg

More stuff here...
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/Captain123/Antler%20work/

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Don't know why that first one ended up soooooo big,....tis the same size as the others on the photo site?...oh well....soz modz..:D
Ah...seems t' have resized itself!...bizzare..lol

Last edited:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
I think that's gonna be the plan...tho how much?...I don't know...no price set atm....
TeeDee....pm me wi' an offer an' yer addy an' I'll chuck it in the post tomoz.:D

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
nice work there Cap'n :)

I've not seen pierced horn like that before and I like it! You've certainly got talent that's for sure.

I thought you sailor boys were meant to be into Scrimshaw? I saw your Badger sheath, do you do much of that?

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Indoorsout- About an hour from start t' finish...cut horn, draw silhouette, drillhole, cut out and polish. I recommend using a vacuum when cuttin' as the dust ain't good fer the chest....or the floor...or bookshelves etc...lmao.
Dave- Tis the only one I've done...tis me 'Badger knife'....made from some scrap 4mm stainless I have loads of.
The handle an' sheath came from an' old decking plank an' were grain matched t' flow...just split the sheath, gouged out the shape o' the blade an' stuck it back t'gether..lol....The 'Badger plate' on the sheath is carved antler, done wi' the knife an' sunk into the sheath.....then wet formed 'sofa' leathered t' finish...I do Carve antler alot when I have some as it is nice an' soft...but horn an' bone are a little harder t' 'carve, so I find other ways o' using it.
Not done much skrim...Takes ages t' get right that!..lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE