Hobo Stove Gallery (Probably picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faultline

Feb 18, 2014
Essex
Update: work in progress on my new hobo stove, got it all up and running, boiled the water in around 5 mins or so.
Just need to acquire a 10cm billy to fit it

y7uny7uq.jpg
huju3a7u.jpg
e3erame4.jpg
4e7aha6e.jpg
e9erebav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
Hi, my most recent project has been my hobo stove :) it all packs down into the ikea drainer, so is very easy to carry. Sorry for the picture quality I couldn't find the camera so had to use my phone.

here it is all packed up in its bag

DSC_0101_zpse01a0dc3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

then out of the bag, the small bag contains the two pot supports and two pegs for pegging it down on uneven ground, the strap is to stop the lid rattling off and everything falling out

the pot is just a 10cm zebra billy with modified handle, as I couldn't find anything to crimp the loops in I used electrical 'chockblocks' with the outer plastic coating removed

here you can see the pot with the lid off and internal dish removed, the plastic bag is teabags and sits inside the dish and the straws are powdered espresso coffee (red) and sugar (green/yellow) enough for four cups of coffee

here is the rest of the stuff that sits under the dish, theres about five maya sticks there cut up into little bits to fit under the dish, some matches and my penny stove I made, which is really quick to use with the hobo stove, and a lot cheaper than a trangia burner!!

and finally here's everything altogether

any feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated

cheers,
Thomas

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Looks just the job...

How well does it burn with the penny stove

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
How well does it burn with the penny stove

Using the penny stove only increases the boil time of 750ml of water by about a minute, the pot is at just the perfect height to catch the top of the flame.

I have since added a hinge tripod to the base, 'borrowed' from Biker's hobo stove.

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
typical, this thread got me in the mod top stay making one remembered asdas had the cutlery drainers cheap!!

no they don't :confused:

Now tried three or for shops with no joy :( anyone give me a heads up on a drainer suitable, apart from the ikea ones.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Stanley cook set, the lid for it fits great on gsi cup which stacks ynderneath pot. Its from amazon.

Stanley 0.71Litre Adventure Camp Cook Set, Green/ Silver Stanley http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007HMVW2E/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_I4Uetb07190BN

I've grinded down the top rim on here and now it fits into my 10x4.

epeve5ut.jpg

Nice little set up you have there. I have the Stanley Adventure Cook set and I've very impressed. With just one of the green cups insitue, I can fit a small primus gas stove, plus an inverted MSR cas cartridge and still get the lid on..I use it for hiking ect..

May i ask where you got that particular cutlery strainer from as it looks made for the GSI/ Stanely? Also which 10/x4 pouch is that?

Regards,

Peter

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I popped around my brothers and went though some of the kit I had lent him and I saw he had my hobo stove.

So it would have been rude not have have done a brew. :D

ypesuqu9.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE