Hammock ridge line.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I'm switching from DD to UKHammocks woodsman x, my first ridge line swing and I dred having to spend hours dialling in and getting all the settings right. There is so many variables...
Is there a good way/procedure to decide on the ridgeline lenght? Or do I have to try, get out, adjust, try, get out, adjust, try with the pad, get out, adjust more...
Any advice to make it as painless as possible would help.

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
assuming you are talking about a structural ridge line (SRL) one approach is to hang the hammock so you have an approx. 30 deg. sag angle for the support lines then measure the distance between the ends of the hammock (where the SRL would normally attach) and make your SRL be that distance as a good starting point - IMO you will be reasonably close to a good length for the SRL

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
have a word with paul webser of this forum he did one for me excellent bit of kit regards dave

Swjoergensen

Mar 17, 2013
Denmark
Rule of thumb is 83% of hammock length.
I too was concerned that I'd adjusting it forever to get it right. But it was far less hassle than I feared. Hang it like you normally would, with about 30 degree angle, attach ridgeline and try adjusting a bit to see what happens. I paid attention to the hammock body when dialog mine in. Too tight a ridgeline and I would get a ridge in the fabric by my feet, too loose and I couldn't lie diagonal because of a sort of pocket forming at the foot end.

Main thing, just try it out, don't worry so much, it can't go wrong, only be "not ideal" I think I spent 20 mins experimenting initially, and now I barely pay it any attention.

Just go for it :)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE