Pathfinder way of securing a ridge line

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I like Blackies ideas. I may use the toggle solution if I can find some before I camp in a week or so at wilderness.
I often wondered how to use a method like the first tree toggle idea. A simple prussick and a wooden toggle. Perfect!
K I S S !!!! Why didn't I figure it!

John Elstob

Forager
Aug 18, 2019
Darlington
I guess sometimes the problems we encounter, we don’t always see the solution straight away. l would check Amazon as I know they had them fairly recently. There is two types of the figure 9 both tie off the same way except if you get the solid figure 9, you will need to install it with a cow hitch before you put your tie you prussic on your ridgeline I really do find both Dave Canterberry and Blackie Thomas really knowledgeable in their field, and have great ideas when it comes to problems like we are discussing.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I guess sometimes the problems we encounter, we don’t always see the solution straight away. l would check Amazon as I know they had them fairly recently. There is two types of the figure 9 both tie off the same way except if you get the solid figure 9, you will need to install it with a cow hitch before you put your tie you prussic on your ridgeline I really do find both Dave Canterberry and Blackie Thomas really knowledgeable in their field, and have great ideas when it comes to problems like we are discussing.

I'm definatly in the silver wolf category!
Lovely to find someone looking out for the older and crook demographic, and not writing us off, expecting us to just sit at home by the fire whittling spoons!

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Just caught up with this, no ridgeline 2mm accessary cord directly on either end of tarp with dutchware wasps attached. Used this method summer and winter for years no issues and very quick.

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Just caught up with this, no ridgeline 2mm accessary cord directly on either end of tarp with dutchware wasps attached. Used this method summer and winter for years no issues and very quick.

'Scuse my ignorance, but what are dutchware wasps? Picture?
Sounds intriguing, might be an answer for me. Thanks.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Another widget is the Roperoller.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Another widget is the Roperoller.

Interesting gadget. Do you know if they're available in the UK?

John Elstob

Forager
Aug 18, 2019
Darlington
'Scuse my ignorance, but what are dutchware wasps? Picture?
Sounds intriguing, might be an answer for me. Thanks.

Here you go, or just type into google dutchware wasps.

[/QUOTE]

Just watch the YouTube video. These look really, really good and will solve a lot of issues messing around with prussic loops and toggles. Certainly will have a nicer aesthetic appearance as you won’t have bits and bobs hanging all over the place on the ridgeline.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Here you go, or just type into google dutchware wasps.

Just watch the YouTube video. These look really, really good and will solve a lot of issues messing around with prussic loops and toggles. Certainly will have a nicer aesthetic appearance as you won’t have bits and bobs hanging all over the place on the ridgeline.
[/QUOTE]

Hi John i find these so quick and easy to use, even if you prefer a continuous ridgeline. There is a cost of course but they are well worth the outlay i think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE