Feel good thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Been a few dismal threads of late and I'm sure we all have a multitude of personal problems to bear, so what about sharing some feel good stories in a thread.

Be it old or recent and not necessarily bushy related, what have you got to lift everyone's spirits and give us faith back in our race.

Personal stories that we can all relate to, not of folks we can't.
From a small gift to a donated kidney it all matters.

Anonimity where it's required, sing praises if you like.

Is this too trite or a nice idea?

i need a bit of a feel good factor from all my cyber friends on here.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
been lucky enough to move into my girlfriends boat and start a new life very recently :) all on the road to recovery! also had some crackin gifts on this forum from blocks of wax to crook knives and have tried paying it forward as much as possible has been a damn good summer so far

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I like the idea, I can share something i did today, as opposed to being on the recieving end; I was queueing with a trolley load of shopping for the week and noticed a guy behind me with a double pushchair complete with 2 screaming newborns, all the fella had was a packet of nappies and a CYO pizza, i figured that yes it was only a short walk to the self-scans but it can't be nice to have a couple of screaming newborns so i let him do his items first :) nothing major but it made me feel good.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Went on a dog walk for the second day with new(ish) dog off the lead and she came back when called for the second day running. They're now exhausted which is how dogs should be in the evenings...

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
I can directly relate to that post Lister. I was behind a retired lady reaching her later years, she presented all her items to the till operator but held back a packet of biscuits and a few other non essentials. Her reasoning being she had little of her weekly monies left and what she had needed to cover the items of greatest need.

As it happened she was a few quid short.... She sighed to herself and carried on packing her bag with the other goods she could afford. I added those items to mine.... Paid for the lot and popped those items she wanted into her bag with a smile! I'm not well off but boy did I feel good! And to see the shocked but smiling expression on her face was just pure magic. I would say try it to anybody reading this.... Goodwill without explanation is not often seen anymore. Not trying to pat myself on the back but rather encouraging others to do the same.... Karma goes a long way. Pay it forward and it too will come back to you.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've applied for a position working in forestry, less than half my current wage but it'll mean a move up to Scotland and a complete change of lifestyle no doubt.

Although very scary after doing the same 9-5 for the last 14 years, now feels right for a change.

Wish me luck

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
I've applied for a position working in forestry, less than half my current wage but it'll mean a move up to Scotland and a complete change of lifestyle no doubt.

Although very scary after doing the same 9-5 for the last 14 years, now feels right for a change.

Wish me luck

Good luck Shewie.... I hope it all goes very well for you. I'd love to do similar but family responsibility and a huge mortgage are to heavy about my neck. I will get there soon I hope though.... :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've been cooking today....with a spoon given to me by Kepis just because I admired it....makes me smile each time I use it - especially preserving all our surplus for the Winter since its slim enough and long enough to reach the bottom of a large jar :D

Thanks Kepis!

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Great idea for a thread :)

After feeling like work was running my life last year ( i like my lecturing job but the paperwork was taking over), I've decided to drop Fridays at work after an offer to become the bodger-in-residence in a local National Trust Woodland. So, I'm really looking forward to the start of this academic year and spending more time working in the woods.

Good luck with the career change Shewie!

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have just finished working my first season at my dream job and So very much looking forward to the next, and all it took was taking the first step and applying then a lot of hard work to earn it, haven't stopped smiling since opening the acceptance letter :D:D good work is hard, hard work is good!

Good luck Rich!!!!:cool:

Lister its aces! spent half an hour tonight with my two showing off their new found arm farting skills before bed:D

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I've been cooking today....with a spoon given to me by Kepis just because I admired it....makes me smile each time I use it - especially preserving all our surplus for the Winter since its slim enough and long enough to reach the bottom of a large jar :D

Thanks Kepis!

No problem, glad it's getting used

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I have just finished working my first season at my dream job and So very much looking forward to the next, and all it took was taking the first step and applying then a lot of hard work to earn it, haven't stopped smiling since opening the acceptance letter :D:D good work is hard, hard work is good!

Good luck Rich!!!!:cool:

Lister its aces! spent half an hour tonight with my two showing off their new found arm farting skills before bed:D

Red Coat at Butlins? :)

I woke up this morning. And any day you wake up is a good day........................

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Red Coat at Butlins? :)

I woke up this morning. And any day you wake up is a good day........................

YEAH BABY! second row from the bottom, centre of shot(with the KICKASS hair)

bognor74redcoats.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Back at the begining of July my hound was operated on to remove an embeded grass seed which had entered under the skin & caused an infection & to remove a fast growing mammary tumor.
Here he is the evening after the op.
2012_0623tracks0069.jpg

Well, he's doing fine now & no sign of any other tumors forming.............for the moment anyway. Really thought I was going to lose him so I'm really making the most of this bonus time we've been blessed with.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE