Feel good thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This is a brilliant idea.

I can see it now. Mod X comes along and says
"Right, this thread has become an argument, and I'm fed up of you all. Thread locked, and you are all sentenced to go and post in the Feel Good thread instead"

Personaly, I recently celebrated 15 years of being very happily married to a wonderful woman who has the ability to make me smile just by being with me.

Altogether, "AAAAaaaahhhhh"

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Todays a feel good day for me bacause I finally got all my paperwork through from the CAA which means at last I can take my balloon out for its first flight. Well thats when we get some suitable weather. Been out this evening teaching the Mrs how to reverse the trailer, she got the hang of it really quickly!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am liking this thread!
The sun came out today and I got a load of photos taken that I needed for my magazine work :)
This involved making a distillation still for turning salt water into potable beverage and lighting a fire using a water filled condom... strange things you do for work I hear you say :)
I have to agree!
I was dispairing of the weather though... :)

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
just watched the flowerpot gang on bbc 1 filmed where our daughter works. as a carer watching these young kids .makes you realise the young ones are not all bad

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I learned during a recent holiday on a welsh country estate that civilization is not entirely dead.

People still want to know who you are, make you laugh, go out of their way to help and generally care for your well being. It was a small slice of life in the bigger picture of things,
but it reminded me and will continue to do so that its not all work/commuting/work.

Roll on next year.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
YEAH BABY! second row from the bottom, centre of shot(with the KICKASS hair)

bognor74redcoats.jpg

I'd assumed that you were a bloke!

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Nice one Tam,
this summer I've quit my job as a lecturer, can't say why as they put a gagging order on me, put our house on the market and paid a diposit for a house in Tuscany. So next year I'll be looking for truffles, eating boar and carving olive wood. I might even miss this wet weather ;-)

i have the whole week off to celebrate Lisa's birthday- i shall not say how old she is as what she would do to me wouldn't feel good :)
so far we have been camping, been out for dinner seen expendables 2 at the cinema (her choice!!) had her folks round for dinner last night
tonight on her actual birthday we are going to the harry potter tour at warner studios

another feel good-everyone apart from me is asleep at the moment :)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We had good weather enough to get the pizza oven fired up

pizza_fire.jpg

pizza_joe.jpg

We'd had a fair bit of rain, so it was great to get out and just sit for the day in the garden...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Our TV died* yesterday morning and we _won't_ be able to replace it until at least the weekend :D

* A possible cause of its demise being anaphylactic shock brought on by swmbo forcing Super Nanny through its tubes :yikes: .

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
There is a very small antique shop near the market, the old man who owns it is often to be seen sitting in a chair outside next to a small table where a few nic-nacs are displayed. Today as I passed he was inside the shop but laying on his seat was a 2000 forint note (about £5) I called in to him to point out that he'd left it there, "Many thanks, you are golden" he replied with cheerful smile.

Last edited:

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
What a great idea for a thread! I have a lot to be thankful for just now. I accidentally ran through a sliding glass door on 21st July and cut tendons in all four limbs as well as one of the two major arteries to my right foot.

I didn't die, didn't cut my face and in fact am making good progress towards a complete recovery, though I might have some neurological damage that hangs about and I still have unrepaired tendon damage to my right foot at the moment. Those things will all be fairly minor and will not affect me much.

My work has been incredibly supportive, not only keeping me on full pay but they also rang to give me a bonus yesterday! Apparently, it's not because I'm off sick, it's from last year and they've only just completed the accounts. It was a surprise to me anyway!

I also have lots of friends and family looking after me. My boyfriend of 6 months being an extra special blessing - he saved my life by holding the artery shut until the paramedics arrived and has been nursing me in his time off ever since.

When I am fully recovered and go back to work, it will only be for a 3 day week (albeit long hours on those 3 days) as I handed in my notice for my second job. I'm going to have more time for bushcraft!!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What a great idea for a thread! I have a lot to be thankful for just now. I accidentally ran through a sliding glass door on 21st July and cut tendons in all four limbs as well as one of the two major arteries to my right foot.

I didn't die, didn't cut my face and in fact am making good progress towards a complete recovery, though I might have some neurological damage that hangs about and I still have unrepaired tendon damage to my right foot at the moment. Those things will all be fairly minor and will not affect me much.

My work has been incredibly supportive, not only keeping me on full pay but they also rang to give me a bonus yesterday! Apparently, it's not because I'm off sick, it's from last year and they've only just completed the accounts. It was a surprise to me anyway!

I also have lots of friends and family looking after me. My boyfriend of 6 months being an extra special blessing - he saved my life by holding the artery shut until the paramedics arrived and has been nursing me in his time off ever since.

When I am fully recovered and go back to work, it will only be for a 3 day week (albeit long hours on those 3 days) as I handed in my notice for my second job. I'm going to have more time for bushcraft!!!

It is good to hear you are mending well!

JC1984

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Craster, Northumberland
I accidentally ran through a sliding glass door on 21st July and cut tendons in all four limbs as well as one of the two major arteries to my right foot.

Bloody hell!

Well, me and some friends just did the Coast2Coast from Whitehaven to Craster the other weekend - my mate who I helped to organise it has cancer so it was in aid of the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation where he has had alot of treatment - we got an unbelievable reception when we rolled into Craster on the Sunday, so many people and tourists got involved. We went straight to the North pier and jumped straight into the sea - got to finish the C2C the right way!

Last count we were up to around £6,000 - now that made us feel good realising how well we'd done. Article from the Northumberland Gazette is here.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
not really feel good but definitely funny my mate fell asleep when we were all at Skegness on Friday and I got his 4 year old daughter to chuck a bucket of water on him and shout "I AM GOTHAMS RECKONING". can't stop laughing just thinking about it

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Took grandson for an 'Early Bird' swim at the local pool this morning :)

Daughter is having her last scan on grand child No2 at 14:45 :)

Grandson is staying with us until Saturday (give mom a break) and we'll be making meat balls and cakes and lots of mess today :)

I feel good :)

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
After years of reading the SAS Survival Handbook, my Mum and Dad for my 40th birthday present bought me a Basic to Advance 5 day survival course from the same company and it was a very good course and I enjoyed every second. It was something that I probably would not have saved up for myself and it was a very nice present to get from Mum and Dad. After going on the course I now know it is worth saving up to go an the advanced 7 day course. So there was my cheer you up good news.:)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Nice one Tam,
this summer I've quit my job as a lecturer, can't say why as they put a gagging order on me, put our house on the market and paid a diposit for a house in Tuscany. So next year I'll be looking for truffles, eating boar and carving olive wood. I might even miss this wet weather ;-)

Now that sounds like a move in the right direction,need to get a meet done afore you go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE