fed up ? - I am !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elrond

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2006
Alba
Over the moon at finally placing an order for a GB SFA - you can imagine my feeling of dejection to be told that the supplier had no stock, but that it would be with me in circa 2 weeks. A bit Pee'd off, but I could live with it. :(

Now the supplier tells me that the ETA of stock is now the end of the month, maybe. :cussing:
I am beelin' ( adj. <scottish vernacular> used to denote deep displeasure, boiling with anger, raging)
They freely advertise a product that they don't actually have.Then take your money and make you wait for an extended period of time before you get what you paid for.
(To be fair they have offered a refund - but who needs the hassle of getting money transferred to paypal, then being charged to get it and still have to source an axe from some other sod who probably doesn't have one anyway).

Rant over

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
THis sort of thing can be very frustrating, and even infuriating. I have learned fron such experiences that it is best to phone and make sure things are in stock before ordering. A friend of mine ordered a pair of boots from a website advertising them and had to wait 11 weeks for delivery.He was somewhat pis**d off by the end. :(

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Know and appreciate the feeling - then beat myself up for being sooo consumerist! :(

Had same with an order for 5.11 trousers - good price, but took 9 weeks plus to arrive - though in fairness the supplier did not charge until in stock. Turned out not a patch on Fjallraven trousers c/o Tamarack - in stock ( in the XL "your tum's shading my campfire" size ) and in my grubby hands the next day.

In that vein - more power to Country Covers - Artic top per the latest mag review - ordered late on a Tuesday evening - on door step Thursday morning ( and it is very good ).

Rather than negatively naming suppliers - with all connotations/ issues etc - perhaps positive reinforcement would help the good 'uns and us?

But - the SFA is good - worth the wait.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I Recently ordered a Wild life hatchet from a supplier and was told at least 2 weeks and possibly a lot loner for the a Small FA so i went for a Scandi forest axe and wont look back ;)
I think theres a general shortage at the min as i still have a friend who also is awaiting a Small FA after about 3 and half weeks at least...... :(

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Ordered not easy being green from Amazon, told two week dispatch. Then it had been dispatched. Next day got an email telling me that it would another 5 weeks before I received the book! :aargh4:

And don't get me started about the time I ordered a knife!

P

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Maybe you could tell us who "the supplier" is and then firstly we can avoid them for a while until they have stoke back and secondly some of us may be able to provide you with more reliable suppliers that we've used before and know to give good service.

Many thanks,

Bam. :)

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
pibbleb said:
Ordered not easy being green from Amazon, told two week dispatch. Then it had been dispatched. Next day got an email telling me that it would another 5 weeks before I received the book! :aargh4:

And don't get me started about the time I ordered a knife!

P
so tell us about hte knife :D

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I got amazon vouchers for my brithday last week. I ordered Ray Mears Extreme Survival Serties 3- no problems. Checked to see what was happening yesterday. Expected delivery date MARCH 20th!!!!! :eek:

Taking the MIck, they should have told me this when I ordered.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Pib

Hoping the Moderators will indulge me.

Inundated with 'Not easy etc'this Christmas, was about to Ebay ( sorry! ) at least one copy. PM me if you are still looking, happy to do a deal - with proceeds going to Marie Curie direct as per other recent post.

Apologies for thread tangent.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Ordered two mozzie nets form a supplier as I am off to India in three weeks. Advertised as in stock on site, recived an email saying out of stock wait a month.

:nutkick:

I am in a state of dire ire!

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE