I am Looking for an MFH Crusader type Bergen in Danish M84 Camo.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
I have been trying to find one of these rucksacks in Danish M84 camo here in the UK but cant trace one. Any one have a link to one? I just want to know where i can buy one please. I don't want a lecture on how you don't actually own one but have heard they are bad. I have owned one and want another. If theres another supplier who makes a shorter back version around the 80-100 litre capacity in the same said camo i would be interested to check that out as well. Thanks in advance.

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
I recommend to ask Anton Bloechel where you can get it in Britain.
I think it isn't the maker but the seller or one of the sellers.

Or try to get an original one from Denmark, but I think they are larger.

Or you have a look at the Teesar version.
Teesar i think is 110 or 120 litres which is too big. My Brandit 65l is ok and has stood the test of time but i dont think its really 65 litres and i have to cram it full for an overnighter. The original danish bergens are expensive and rare

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
You know that we talk here about a copy of the Berghaus Vulcan, that is also available used as military surplus?

Last edited:

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
You know that we talk here about a copy of the Berghaus Vulcan, that is also available used as military surplus?

Yeah, not the pattern i want and a kilo heavier. The only thing my MFH didnt stand up to was 600 meters down Grindslow Knoll. It got up a good speed before the side pockets were ripped off and it got torn open when stopped. I dont think theres any rucksack built to take that punishment.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
What I got from MFH was always factory new rubbish, but what I got from Anton Bloechel was always OK, often really good.

Perhaps there is an independent maker somewhere in Asia who makes it and sells to both.

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
What I got from MFH was always factory new rubbish, but what I got from Anton Bloechel was always OK, often really good.

Perhaps there is an independent maker somewhere in Asia who makes it and sells to both.
Comparing the two from what i can see online they appear to be almost identical although the bloechel doesnt seem to have compression straps behind the side pockets but has molle fitting on the front. Never heard of them but i will check it out. My first MFH kit karry smock was good, my 2nd is fantastic, The quality of the ripstop material alone is on par with my Arktis one. My bergen i was pleased with it certainly gave less troubles than a surplus plce one before that

Reactions: Erbswurst

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I dunno whats so special about M84 camo, however when it comes to rucksacks you can get really good quality as surplus or second hand for example the Dutch surplus either made by Lowe Alpine or made to the same specification by other companies, or you can get brand new rip offs by companies like MFH, Miltec or Webtex, which fits the old adage, buy cheap, buy many times.

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
I dunno whats so special about M84 camo, however when it comes to rucksacks you can get really good quality as surplus or second hand for example the Dutch surplus either made by Lowe Alpine or made to the same specification by other companies, or you can get brand new rip offs by companies like MFH, Miltec or Webtex, which fits the old adage, buy cheap, buy many times.
What's special about anything. Not interested in dutch surplus or anything else. I specified what i am looking for thank you. I am guessing you have not or do not own one of these rucksacks. I do. I would like another.

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
The problem are usually the seams if we talk about rucksacks and clothing.
Seams and stitching were ok on mine. The only complaints that seem to recur are regarding comfort, i think lack of padding on the straps. I dont care much for the vario system. I have it on my Lowe Alpine and it is disconcerting for me to feel the rucksack move from side to side a tiny bit between my shoulder blades although the Lowe a much taller bag and a larger capacity i didnt notice it so much with the previous MFH bergen.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The original Berghaus rucksacks are made in China, the original Karrimor SF rucksacks are made in Vietnam.

It's quiet possible that these rucksack we talk about here are made in a relatively good quality.
The material surely will not last as long as Cordura Nylon, but Essl also makes cheaper rucksacks (in Czechia) in polyester with polyurethane coating and they are allowed to use them in the Austrian army if privately purchased.

If you get it, I would like to be informed in this thread when it breaks.
Interesting are age, real days of use, walked kilometres and usual rucksack weight full.

Reactions: Early P

Early P

Mar 8, 2021
Sheffield
The original Berghaus rucksacks are made in China, the original Karrimor SF rucksacks are made in Vietnam.

It's quiet possible that these rucksack we talk about here are made in a relatively good quality.
The material surely will not last as long as Cordura Nylon, but Essl also makes cheaper rucksacks (in Czechia) in polyester with polyurethane coating and they are allowed to use them in the Austrian army if privately purchased.

If you get it, I would like to be informed in this thread wh
So what we are talking here isnt about what you mau or may not have heard about them. What we are talking here is i have owned one and am telling you the quality is good. After 3 years of on average 2 days a week usage in all weathers over the yorks moors and both peak districts various european trips sometimes filled sensibly sometimes overloaded with duty free palinka etc nothing broke or wore out. Unlike other expensive brands have done. I am sure it would have gone on for a few more years it it hadnt taken the fall. But like i said at the beginning of the thread, i didnt want to turn this into a discussion of crap/not crap, especially from people who have never owned one. I just wanted to know if anyone knew where i could get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE