Fear of testicular torsion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Ahhh but no-one gives you gas and air while being kicked!!!:pokenest:

Which is what I'm gonna get if I don't put my hands up and say kidding. Was just having a giggle - carefully mind as my own stitches are still healing.
Hahaha, i reckon its only a matter of time before i get banned or devorced or both, so i'm gonna stop now.:)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
......And the next time a lady says that childbirth is more painful ask her this. "You think it's more painfull than a guy getting a kick in the fork?" ....

I usually just smile when they mention childbirth and reply, "Yes. But you've never caught yourself in your zipper." And the worst part is standing there knowing you have to unzip it.

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
I think it is a medically documented fact that as a result of being capable of child carrying and birth, the average woman has both a higher pain threshold and a stronger immune system than the average man.

What medical folk have yet to determine is how these physical advantages effect the part of the brain that makes women believe male pain is inconsequential.

"Fallen down a cliff, broke your leg in three place, dislocated your shoulder and cracked your skull? You want to try childbirth, you big cry baby!"

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
is that the one designed for women to stop them whistling :)....sorry, stopping now

LOL. No. It's actually the most comfortable one once the chute deploys (it's like sitting in a swing) but walking around trying to board the plane is painful.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Hmm - I had a vasectomy go a bit wrong, leaving me with lumpy cysts - now they get twisted up and painful at times - end up with that 'bulldog with piles' walk.

But that is nothing compared to a friend's son. Came off his bicycle, landed in a hedge and impaled his scrotum on a broken bit of hedge branch - right through.

The ambulance crew had to get a pruning saw and cut the branch off the tree before they could get him on a stretcher. Both spheres left intact, he had an uncomfortable few weeks in bed with a 'tent' built over his middle.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I was feeling curiously empathetic until I read your tongue in cheek comments, Goat boy! Mary, Elen and I will promise not to laugh or remember them if any of you need untwizzling one meet :) I understand the technique is a small scale heimlich manouever applied to the area.... volunteers for us mothers to practice on please?? Goatboy?? Huon? Santa man? Scouser?!!!

It doesn't hurt when you rip, btw lads, so don't worry if we get it wrong the first time....;)

Wikiwisdom incase it happens to you!... "Typically, when a torsion takes place, the surface of the testicle has rotated towards the midline of the body. Non-surgical correction can sometimes be accomplished by manually rotating the testicle in the opposite direction (i.e., outward, towards the thigh); if this is initially unsuccessful, a forced manual rotation in the other direction may correct the problem."... but surgery asap is often required to prevent the affected appendage from necrophying.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was feeling curiously empathetic until I read your tongue in cheek comments, Goat boy! Mary, Elen and I will promise not to laugh or remember them if any of you need untwizzling one meet :) I understand the technique is a small scale heimlich manouever applied to the area.... volunteers for us mothers to practice on please?? Goatboy?? Huon? Santa man? Scouser?!!!

It doesn't hurt when you rip, btw lads, so don't worry if we get it wrong the first time....;)

Heimlich manoeuvre, that's where you're choking on something right?:rolleyes: Well it's been a while since three ladies have offered to untwizzle me and I must say I'm intrigued and flattered. I'll need to wait until the present stitching and tearing in my shoulder had gone down though as the nurse at the health centre scares me a little and may do something drastic. I do hope you ladies took it in the vein it was intended? I'd hate to offend a trio (that's officially a coven right?) of TBCT. So sorry Mary, Elen and yourself Turbogirl and any other of the stronger sex who was reading. Also for giving false hope to Huon, Santaman and Scouser who may have thought that I was dumb enough to pop my head over the parapet.
Toodle Pip, Goatboy.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Hahaha after having kids I can blooming yodel with it! Tis all good natured joking :)

I think its handy to have a potential fix for the torsion in extremis. Is chinese tucking where you push (or if you're really nifty, pull) them back into the hanger for the night? I thought that was painful for a lot of you lads?

Is there any other helpful emergency first aid for other male-only problems? I hear sack splitting can be fairly common... nettle cordage and a steady hand?!

Last edited:

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK

Wikiwisdom incase it happens to you!... "Typically, when a torsion takes place, the surface of the testicle has rotated towards the midline of the body. Non-surgical correction can sometimes be accomplished by manually rotating the testicle in the opposite direction (i.e., outward, towards the thigh); if this is initially unsuccessful, a forced manual rotation in the other direction may correct the problem."... but surgery asap is often required to prevent the affected appendage from necrophying.
Ooops sorry, it would seem i owe you an apology, i thought you were referring to me with the "scouser" but i've just twigged. :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Hahaha after having kids I can blooming yodel with it! Tis all good natured joking :)

I think its handy to have a potential fix for the torsion in extremis. Is chinese tucking where you push (or if you're really nifty, pull) them back into the hanger for the night? I thought that was painful for a lot of you lads?

Is there any other helpful try-outs for other male first aid, I hear sack splitting can be fairly common... nettle cordage and a steady hand?!

You have 2 kids then no need to ask for volunteers. You have what you need at home so go get ripping, tucking, pulling, twisting and poking and once done get a tutorial up :lmao:

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
No I believe I was the Scouser being alluded to and I'm used to my head being above the parapet. Whenever I try to hide behind a parapet, my better half goes and lowers it when I'm not paying attention and I only enjoy a brief rest bite from getting it in the neck.

If I ever make it to a Bushmoot, I'll be making myself decidedly scarce when the untwisting demonstration is taking place :D

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Heimlich manoeuvre, that's where you're choking on something right?:rolleyes: Well it's been a while since three ladies have offered to untwizzle me and I must say I'm intrigued and flattered. I'll need to wait until the present stitching and tearing in my shoulder had gone down though as the nurse at the health centre scares me a little and may do something drastic. I do hope you ladies took it in the vein it was intended? I'd hate to offend a trio (that's officially a coven right?) of TBCT. So sorry Mary, Elen and yourself Turbogirl and any other of the stronger sex who was reading. Also for giving false hope to Huon, Santaman and Scouser who may have thought that I was dumb enough to pop my head over the parapet.
Toodle Pip, Goatboy.

Judging by the speed with which you got your head back below the parapet you're obviously not as dumb as we first thought. If I were you I'd still watch for lofted shots though ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Judging by the speed with which you got your head back below the parapet you're obviously not as dumb as we first thought. If I were you I'd still watch for lofted shots though ;)

Maybe I'm playing them like a trout... Maybe I'm not daft enough to type that in an open forum. I'm blaming the electronics they fitted and the anaesthetic a few days ago for any stupidity. But I Do Feel Alive!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE