Fear of testicular torsion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
The orgasmic childbirth thing came from Michel Odent, he is wrong,

Not true. I watched it on you tube last night. I put "orgasmic birthing" in the search and it's the one thats 8+ minutes with a still shot of an Asian lady who interviews the couple. You see their video. But it's not to everyone's sensibilities which is why I didn't post the link before.

I had a home birth for my second, you cant feel free to scream in a terraced house

That didn't seem to be an issue for Ms. Swift in our pre-hypnobirthing days. I guess she assumed the Neighbours knew why she was changing shape.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I've had kidneystones. Talking to a nurse about it (she had kids), she said what made it worse than childbirth is that the pain hits - and doesn't go away, doesn't diminish, can stay like that for hours without relief. And you have no idea when it might let up, could be days.

Testicular torsion is possibly the same. Testicle pain (from being thumped or whatever) is hard to explain - it isn't really the pain that's the difficult bit, it is the sensation. Instantly robs you off all strength, makes you feel sick and takes ages to ease off.
A lot of women have very sensitive breasts which menfolk don't realise and grapple with, causing their poor owner excruciating pain... but its only some of us. I've yet to hear of any man who doesn't instantly understand the pain another man has when their testes are squished :) They can actually burst in extremis, can't they? I've read that you can do it with bare hands, they must be really delicate :( I think I'll stick with my strong old bomb proof soft bits!

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Top marks to everybody for the surreal inventiveness of the discussion.

I just had a good chortle reading this thread!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A lot of women have very sensitive breasts which menfolk don't realise and grapple with, causing their poor owner excruciating pain... but its only some of us. I've yet to hear of any man who doesn't instantly understand the pain another man has when their testes are squished :) They can actually burst in extremis, can't they? I've read that you can do it with bare hands, they must be really delicate :( I think I'll stick with my strong old bomb proof soft bits!

That reminds me of a fight I had just before my Brown Belt Judo Grading :)
I was up against a very experienced Brown Belt who just happened to be female and I was struggling...
Things went to grappling on the ground and I got a submission by applying pressure from my shoulder to her chest - just to stop her getting leverage you understand - and the double tap came very quickly!
She was one with very sensitive breasts and although I won the match I felt that I had almost cheated....
After Judo I went on to study more "hurty" forms of martial art where "dirty tricks" are on the syllabus :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
That reminds me of a fight I had just before my Brown Belt Judo Grading :)
I was up against a very experienced Brown Belt who just happened to be female and I was struggling...
Things went to grappling on the ground and I got a submission by applying pressure from my shoulder to her chest - just to stop her getting leverage you understand - and the double tap came very quickly!
She was one with very sensitive breasts and although I won the match I felt that I had almost cheated....
After Judo I went on to study more "hurty" forms of martial art where "dirty tricks" are on the syllabus :)

Is this your subtle way of warning us (ALL of us) that BS&C and testicular experiments directed against your person are probably not a good idea?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
On the Mr Fenna dirty tricks martial arts, I learnt a few over the years at that game too. But a decidedly non martial trick and one I used to great effect when bouncing was the testicle grab. Sometimes you just wanted it over with minimal fuss in the club, and if he was a nasty sort you just calmly walked up, grabbed him in the fork and explained calmly that he should follow you. The fight just went out of them, partially I think 'cause they didn't expect a guy to do that to them. Though the worst was rowdy lassies as I was brought up to be nice to girls.

Turbogirl, was the "winding John up" comment to lull him into a false sense of complacency? I think of the teaching skills we can show and think we're missing a trick if we don't. ;)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
....the worst was rowdy lassies as I was brought up to be nice to girls.

Turbogirl, was the "winding John up" comment to lull him into a false sense of complacency? I think of the teaching skills we can show and think we're missing a trick if we don't. ;)
Shhhhhh ;) Actually I need to learn some self defence so I'm thinking we can kill 2 birds with one stone here, I will be 'Cato'ing' him all moot at this rate :)

I wish there was a defence tip I could offer for the rowdy lasses but tbf you're the only person I've heard of who has actually wanted to fight them off, most lads simply encourage them... ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I wish there was a defence tip I could offer for the rowdy lasses but tbf you're the only person I've heard of who has actually wanted to fight them off, most lads simply encourage them... ;)

Only when they're fighting and tearing the club apart. Actually the worst was when you were throwing the boyfriend out for hitting her and she'd have a go at you!?! Never understood that. I could do with encouraging them these days. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE