Favourite camo pattern?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
What's your favourite camo pattern? Not necessarily in terms of how effective it is but just what you like the look of. Mine has to be either woodland DPM or woodland flecktarn :D

Asa.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Right now mine is CADPAT(Canadian Disruptive Pattern) Temperate Woodland (TW), but only because I don't have any and can't afford it! Funny how I always want the things I can't have! Nothing wrong with the current British DPM, but I've kind of gone off camo and prefer plain Olive Drab... I still wear camo on occasion because my pair of old temperate trousers seem to outlast every pair of Craighopper Kiwi's I get. The Craighoppers cost £16 at TK Max and the temperate ones cost me nothing and appear to last forever! I've got a matching smock that's bullet proof, I just try not to wear them together because I feel like GI Joke!!!

the UK DPM- the US looks too clinical, and i find flecktarn and realtree ugly. digital camo looks interesting, but i'm not really sure whether i like it or not yet. of the US MARPAT and the canadian CADPAT, i prefer the former, as it's more subdued- the canadian stuff only looks like it would work in a southern woodland clearing at midday in july!

i still can't fault the UK soldier 95 trousers- they last a couple of years, have perfectly sized pockets (the leg pockets will take 2 OS maps each, and swallow a clipper and laplander), don't have a weird pattern, and only cost £15!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
In no particular order my faves are:Auscam,Acu digital,flektarn,us woodland,uk desert,multicam and if i had to choose one its got be the pattern that was used on the old Denison smocks.:cool:

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Mine have to be Gulf war 1 American Choc Chip and US Tiger Stripe.

Had a pair of Tiger Stripes that lasted about ten years.

Also like the Austrian Camo, similar to WWII SS camo

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
I have an old Denison smock I picked up years ago. Next to that I rather like Predator camo in its various seasonal variations. But a lot depends on what I'm doing. Predator Fall won't work for early antelope season etc. I don't wear camo when I'm just out and about
but I do have a waterproof in DPM in my pack.
Jon R.

Blades

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 6, 2009
Aberdeen
Anything but that swiss one... autumn flowery camo, belgian is quite bad too, highly camp. I quite like the swedish

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Another outlandish looking camo pattern is "Paddyflage", the Irish DPM. It looks like it's been developed by a fashion designer rather than an expert in concealment. It would certainly break up your outline though.

Noddy

Nomad
Jul 12, 2006
Away
Only because I have just been looking ... got to put in another vote for the Denison brush patterns :)

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Favorite is the original US jungle pattern, the one with the smaller blotches and more of a green tint than woodland.
I also like CADPAT woodland and AUSCAM.
I do not like the new ACU pattern at all, useless I think!
Cheers!

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Favorite to look at is the WWII SS planetree. Probably the current best is the marpat used by the U.S. marines. Works in the day, the night, dry, wet, and against night vision. You cant ask for much more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE