EKA Knives Review to follow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
EKA Knives , Th Swede 8 and the Swede 10 both in bright orange why the bright orange , well i am one of them people that put something down and then go oh 8ugger where have i put it ,the bright colour offered in these knives means no wondering and playing hunt the camo knife in a camo woodland floor .
Ok well a coupleof pictures to start but if the box quality is anything to go by these knives are going to be blinding and i will just say the edge has been very well worked to a mirror finish , some knives i have had lately have been poor finished edges these are very skillfully finished .
The photos do not do them justice and i am no david bailey

Attachments

• DSCF2727.JPG
    DSCF2727.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF2728.JPG
    DSCF2728.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF2729.JPG
    DSCF2729.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 37

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
EKA Knives , Th Swede 8 and the Swede 10 both in bright orange why the bright orange , well i am one of them people that put something down and then go oh 8ugger where have i put it ,the bright colour offered in these knives means no wondering and playing hunt the camo knife in a camo woodland floor .
Ok well a coupleof pictures to start but if the box quality is anything to go by these knives are going to be blinding and i will just say the edge has been very well worked to a mirror finish , some knives i have had lately have been poor finished edges these are very skillfully finished .
The photos do not do them justice and i am no david bailey
They’re nice. I was given a Super Swede many years ago, it was my first ‘proper‘ knife. Of your 2, I prefer the one without the lanyard hole. Im not sure with yours, but on the Super Swede that was the lock release, and I came a cropper with the blade releasing while probing the wood of rotten window frames.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@Nice65 hi mate these both have the standard spin press to release and i will say tight right now but i have oiled them and been in and outing the blade to loosen it a bit , i will be doing a review once i have used them for some cuting and so on , i might try cutting some veg in the kitchen and then some gradne work with them to just see but i figure they should multi task quiet well .
I hate people that buy a smallish knife then try and fell a tree with it , i know as kids we did spend i think weeks chopping at a old rotren tree for bonfire night lol yup we had little kindling axes you name it lol we all took turns each time at the wood you took a turn lol .

I will say these EKA knives not only look good but they feel very well built but use will show , as i say not going ot try chopping down a tree but will use them with respect , i can say you get a lot fot he money to , the leather pouch feels well made to .

Ok well all i can say from what i have seen i would recommend them on what i have seen so far, these are real Swedish blades at their best , i will say i love a Swedish blade , i have found with other brands i have had to get the g10 polish compound out and give the edges a little rub over the blade to get the full mirror edge these came perfect from the box so well happy .

Last edited:
Reactions: Pattree

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
@MikeLA well so far just been doing silly stuff with these as i am trying to figure out what knives can do multi jobs if you get me , i know so many say i carry a knife for this a knife for that but for me i like a one does all type knife , so food prep has been the big one in the kitchen i have been chopping veggies and peeling and so far i have found they are great , i have not had much call for them in the garden yet but as the year of garden end comes iwill be trimming stuff and tighting stuff so they will get used out there but also i like to keep a knive like a razor because i think most know a blunt tool is a danger more than a sharp one .
Hope we are all keeping cool in this hot spell feels like summer is having her last horay

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
IMG_5379.jpegI bust one of the scales on mine and made a mahogany pair; could it really be 45 years ago?
Thanks for this thread, I’d forgotten about my Big Swede. I don’t know why I kept the other scale but as I did: my son has a 3D printer so I could have a new scale and get my knife waterproof again.

Reactions: Disabled Preppers

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Beautiful, hold on to it, never sell it, it was such a comfortable knife to use. I think even lofty wiseman in his old vhs video had one.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well so far mine have done little bits and i am loving them and today in the garden i left it on the table in the rain not on perpose but i was cutting some paracord for tying bushes back and the bbq area repairs and we ducked under the bbq area and then i saw the knife on the table it was lashing so i said sausages to it i leave it and see , well rain stopped i brought it in nice dry off with a towel and popped it on top of the air fryer to ait dry once i am happy i will then spot oil it and wipe over before going in the pouch .

I will do a full write up on them with pics of the cutting up bits , people keep saying do a video for the tube but first off i am not that vain shall i say and second it would get pulled because of the swearing when i mess up lol .

I think good old still pictures still give a good idea

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE