Sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CampingSmurf

Nov 3, 2022
Bolton
Hi All, sorry if this is in the wrong section, forums still confuse me to death. I'm just getting into wild camping and going through some old stuff, new stuff and gifted stuff. I was gifted a karrimor sabre 45 in M81 us woodland camo. The chap who gave it to me said it was a prototype the British army was making. It was a 1 off and he had the honour of testing it. It never came off he told me. Its not got any side pockets I've tried to search for this camo pattern but no joy. 1 is he telling porkies about it being a prototype (looking at pictures I can't find any the same as mine) 2 if they do do the pattern is there a good place to find them. Other wise looks like OD will do. Cheers chris

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Show us some pictures- does it have any attachments for side pockets? Molle or zips? If you want any customisations on it there's some folk on here who may help, otherwise take a look on jayjay brecon for some rough ideas of prices that seems reasonable work.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
If it is a prototype you're unlikely to find matched pockets. I've never personally seen one in US Woodland, but that doesn't mean they don't exist!

If it's got the side zips it ought to take British DPM side pockets which while not a match, won't look entirely 'foreign' either.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Why not contact Karrimor directly (with pictures) and ask them if there were ever any side pockets made for your pack.

Being it's an US pattern camo it might be it was made for the US market.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Why not contact Karrimor directly (with pictures) and ask them if there were ever any side pockets made for your pack.

Being it's an US pattern camo it might be it was made for the US market.

As far as I know the Karrmor that made Sabres does not exist any more. Todays Karrimor is just brand name that was sold on.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
As far as I know the Karrmor that made Sabres does not exist any more. Todays Karrimor is just brand name that was sold on.
True, Karrimor went bust in the early 90s & the name was bought by 'Sport's Direct' who now make crap rucks using that brand but there is a separate 'Karrimor' branch, (SF =special forces ) distributed by PRI which has been making military grade rucksacks for quite some time now.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
All company's that supply the mod will do one off or a ltd production run in order to show what they can supply , I have a pair of lowa mountain boots in green which was part of a ltd run for the mod before they went with brown . It's quite possible that it's siblings have all been lost or binned at the end of there trial

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I used to work in defence rehab centre and had a cupboard of boots in some interesting patterns. I think a lot were forwarded from trials. No pairs as we were giving them out to chaps who only needed one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE