Embossing Plate Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
You're right. Mag-alloy's putty, filing off the remnants of a cut line would be a doddle.

I've got designs separated in boxes at the moment, but was thinking of removing them before posting the file. I'll leave them on just in case and James can always delete them if they're not wanted.

g4ghb, I'm sticking all mine in a rectangle. You don't need to cut them all out, I've got a coping saw here. :)
Nice one for getting this together by the way. ;)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Sorry guys been laid up since last Wednesday so not online, couldn’t face driving a PC. All who want a design on the plate can use the send email to in my profile to send images, my maximum size attachment is 2mb per email if you wish me to download an image then pm me the url if it is not in the thread. I will compile a list toward the end of the week and contact any of the interested parties that have not sent me images then.

Espy the method you describe about dividing the plate is pretty much how I was going to do it apart from the channels. I will divide the plate buy marking out and then cut with a deep throated piercing saw, remove any burr and that will be it. If there is a further requirement for smoothing with wet and dry or polishing that will have to done by the recipient.

back to work tomorrow i will be checking my email then after 6 days !!!!!!!post again the whrn my head is clearer

James

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
As the dead line is fast approaching I thought I would make a list of interested parties and those who i have received images from

Bumblebee Received and ok
Stickie Not Received
Fluxus Not Received
Wayland Received having issues
Grooveski Received and ok
NickBristol Recieved and ok
TomTom Tentative
Fenlander Kevin did you send me a final image?
G4GHB Received and ok
Shing Received and ok
Moff8 Received and ok
allanscot Received and ok
Doc Received and ok

Wayland I'm having some problem opening your file it is saved in a compressed format and freehand can't open it like this it needs to be uncompressed can you send it again as a jpeg, bitmap, dxf or the uncompressed cdr file please?

have a good weekend all and i hope to find more images in my inbox on monday morning

James

edit i have updated the list for images recieved 12-12-05

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Oops, wrong drawing units. :eek: Line width three quarters of an inch. :rolleyes: Was working on a house plan in imperial last week.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ok Guys the deadline has passed and james is busy sorting out the final image /s

I know he is going to update the list in a bit so please bear with us whlie we work out the final details and then I'll get out the final costs.

To be in the safe side with the uncertanty of postage and packageing i will err on the side of caution and any over i will donate to charity (well bushcraftUK) if you don't have any objections!?

so far unless James has already received it we are waiting for images from

Stickie Not Received
Fluxus Not Received
TomTom Tentative
Fenlander Kevin did you send me a final image?

so if you can all get the images to one of us asap we will add you on, obviously we can't wait forever so i'll leave James to have the last shout

laters

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
stickie i'll be doing the plate over the christmas break if you get it sorted in the next couple of days let me know if you talk nicely to Grooveski he might be able to help you.

James

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Just thought i'd 'bounce' the thread to let you all know that although things seem to have gone quiet it is still happening in the background! I'll hopefully be in touch soon to extract your hard earned;)

btw hope the op was not too traumatic stickie :eek:

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Niel1

Have you sent your image to james? he is producing the final image and was compileing it together over the xmas break. I'm not sure how far he has got as we tend to only chat at work and he is on his school hols now! Would pay to drop him a pm, if he can fit you in i'm happy...

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Right Just a Bounce to update you all!

Things have turned out to take longer than expected with creating the artwork (Anyone good at jigsaws? :lmao: ) Seriously though things are still progressing so it won't be too much longer before I can get final details out!

Hold on in there chaps the end is in sight ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE