Leather Embossing Stamp Group Buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I was looking into getting a Le Prevo stamp made. Their minimum order is 20 sq.in so I wondered if there would be interest in splitting it up. A similar group-buy was done a while back here:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9332&highlight=emboss+leather

I'm not sure if it worked out, but as long as I keep it simple it shouldn't be a problem.

All you'd have to do is create a black and white picture (black bits get stamped, white bits don't) and specify the size. I will split the cost either evenly between buyers, or if there are lots of different sizes, £1.75 per sq. inch (+ 50p for postage and paypal).

You'd have to send me the images as .jpg's, specify the size you want and I will arrange them onto one sheet. I would also have to insist on paypal payment to minimise hassle.

Anyone interested?:)

You might be better off with the images in GIF format, JPEG compression will create artefacts around lines, especially if you combine multiple images. GIF compression is better suited to line art, and you can enforce true black and white. It might also be worth checking out the resolution (ie pixels per inch) that is required, otherwise lines won't be smooth. Looks like Le Prevo want a physical document, so any electronic image would have to be printed - you'll need at least 300 pixels per inch for a sharp image.

I'll go back to lurking now....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I might well be interested - its cheap enough at that price!

Let me know if it goes ahead (I'd want one at 2" x 2"). If we are short of people I might take two

Red

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
If anyone has designs that are too small(not enough pixels for the required print size) I don't mind tracing and vectoring them again. Just post them up or pm them.

For final output I ran mine off on the works laserjet at 600dpi onto photo paper. From vectors that gave nice crisp edges, one of these days I might even get round to sending them away:rolleyes:.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Looks like we're off.
Great to see there is so much interest, but I don't want this to end up too technical!
By the time your image is pressed in magnesium then embossed on your leather, a bit of artefact around curves is not going to matter a bit.:rolleyes:

So I will stick with the .jpg request as I know how to edit them in photoshop. Please refer to the guys above to help with vectoring (whatever that is), but just send me the finished jpeg! Send me a big file with instructions for what size you want it to end up. We'll have to expect that the eventual size may not be exactly as requested, but it shouldn't be far off.

To keep it manageable I will limit this to the 1st 10 people (as much art per person as you like) or the end of the month, whichever comes first. PM me for an email address and email me your art. You're in once I've got your jpegs. Also, just for fun, please post your graphics on here for all to admire!

I will post the compiled image on here for final approval and send it to le prevo once all 10 have okayed it. This should be by the end of Sept. I won't ask for dosh until I have sent the image to le prevo, just in case it doesn't work out.

Does that sound fair?

PS. Graphic designers hold your breath and count to ten ;) then please correct me if you think my plan won't work:)

H

Heathenpeddler

I'd be interested too :) one about 2" round - am I in time?

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Plenty of time.
I'll post on here when all 10 spots are taken.

It turns out you can email me directly through the forum, so just do that with your artwork.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I got one of these not long ago. Mine was printed out on photo paper on a home inkjet and the resulting stamp came out crisp and clear.

My only other piece of advice is to make sure you allow enough room for cutting the plate into all the separate images.

H

Heathenpeddler

Only problem with emailing from the site is there's no way to attatch a file so we'd have to send it separately

reddeath

Forager
Jul 29, 2007
Kilkenny, ROI
im looking for my clan logo ( cameron clan) here is a black n white but i dont know how to tart it up to make it plain enough can anyone help out?

uniteqt2.jpg

i would like a 1x1 and a 2x2 please

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hello all
Someone accidentally sent me a picture as a .gif which works fine so please feel free to send .gifs if you prefer. I might even learn some new graphics skills from this little enterprise!

It would also be helpful if you could name your files with your BCUK username. Ta.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE