Embossing Plate Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Hi Andy no they've not gone off yet sorry of the long time delay been very busy and now i've got some family issues to deal with. could possibly be able to do something at the weekend but it might be better if someone took over i'll see what happens and the post again on monday

James

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
jdlenton said:
Hi Andy no they've not gone off yet sorry of the long time delay been very busy and now i've got some family issues to deal with. could possibly be able to do something at the weekend but it might be better if someone took over i'll see what happens and the post again on monday

James

So have you completely abandoned this then? Not the sort of behaviour I would expect from a mod... Many people have put in a lot of work with their design and it would be such a shame for it to be wasted.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
No this is not abandoned I will be handing over all the graphic to g4ghb in the next few day and what do you mean by "not the sort of behavior you would expect for a mod" I am only human and I have periodically updated the thread to let people know I am having a little trouble time, family and other I did ask for some help in my last post but none has been offered so what do you want me to do? make and extra couple of hours in a day? I thought you more than any one tommy would understand that you cant sit in front of a pc all the time.

James

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Well, it is over four months overdue... and your last response was one month ago.

Yes, I know that these things takes a lot of time and especially after my first group buy I was completely snowed under for a while but I finished what I had started even if other things had to be pushed back a while.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
I'd be very very interested in a few square inches and was going to suggest the same myself at some point.

Maybe someone here could help me find a font I need... I want tone similar to that used by Thomas Pink the shirtmaker or Purdey the gunmaker... have a little look at their websites. It's like a fat serrifed outline font with fine lines across the hollow spaces.... if you get me!

I've been unable to find anything like it yet on the free fonts online but there are millions so maybe i haven't looked hard enough.

Count me in for atleast 3 inches if it's going.

Ben

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
benjamin.oneill said:
Maybe someone here could help me find a font I need... I want tone similar to that used by Thomas Pink the shirtmaker or Purdey the gunmaker... have a little look at their websites. It's like a fat serrifed outline font with fine lines across the hollow spaces.... if you get me!

Any links? I might have some relevant resources.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
The kind of fonts you're probably looking for are ones like chevalier, honduras or EF Escorial - all of which are commerical fonts however. You might be able to find a free one using these as search terms though...

I'm also going to be an awkward sod and ask whether there is still space left for another design - something like a small image about 1-2cm square to stamp the things I'm starting to make.

If so, let me know who to send it to and I'll fire it off ASAP - if not, no worries! :D

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
right the layout is pretty much there I have a few questions for some of you and I will pm you all being well the final print should be done by Wednesday

James

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'll step forward and take the risk of answering for match - yes that was fine thanks!

- only that he has sent me the design now so I assume he is happy! :lmao:

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
It wasn't me - it was Espy looking for that font :) I just mentioned some suggestions on which one to use...

Since I'm confused, I'll just ask - have you got my design successfully? (small crow) ? :rolleyes:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
YOUR'E confused!!!!! :eek:

yup we received the crow :) - James is tweaking it now! ;)

match said:
It wasn't me - it was Espy looking for that font :) I just mentioned some suggestions on which one to use...

Since I'm confused, I'll just ask - have you got my design successfully? (small crow) ? :rolleyes:

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
match said:

I was going rummaging in my engraving books to see what sort of name/description it has... Slightly different from TrueType! I've definitely seen something similar in one of the books.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE