Eating Irons. What and why?

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Folding Ti Spork for me as it fits very well in my compact cook kit. Will be getting a Ti long handle spoon for freeze dry pouch food. Chopsticks are very good if I want to slow down my eating, normally I'm like a hungry Dog at it's bowl!

Steve

slingback

Jan 10, 2013
Highlands
Just a spoon, currently one I made out of sweetchestnut, before one of those long sea to summit ones. But all you need is a spoon, Anything else is wasted extra weight.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Alpkit Lhoon for freezer bag meals, Lexan knife, fork and spoon for most other things.

Folding ti spoon in brew kit

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My belt knife, a home carved wooden spoon (or even a carved Spork!) and an improvised fork (sharpen a twig and split it , bind end of split and insert a splinter to hold the split open) if needed...

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I use a ordinary household spoon from home. And sometimes even a fork! My coffe bag holds a silver teaspoon. Imagine that. Makeshift vampire utensil maybe?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Nice Laguiole olive handled folder that I have eaten with for years.Very sharp and feels lovely in the hand ; it's cutlery man!
Snow Peak Ti fork and spoon.Never got the hang of spork but take them if kids are coming along as they like them! :confused:
Cheers , Simon

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi folks...i mostly use a old G.I. metal spoon, some times with a fork...for me at least they last longer and way stonger than a plastic one...i also have the German set as pictured and use that from time to time aswell...vince g. 11B INF...

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
Ti spoon, non-folding hence easier to clean in the field. No need for anything else. If you feel you really need a fork, just sharpen a twig or make a pair of chopsticks. Tried sporks - waste of space, but that's just my own opinion.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
It depends on my intended meals as to what I take. My favorite is a little Adventuridge hobo set that was gifted to me by Sniper (thanks John).

The fork not needed for this meal but is along as part of the set.
th_DSCN1435.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sometimes with a bit of beef the knife and fork come in handy.

At other times, a small Scout KFS set is what I bring for a meal.

I might pack an AlphaLight Long anodized aluminum spoon (Sea to Summit) and use my pocket knife for the meal.

Or I might just pack a plastic spoon.

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE