Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have spoken to Jean this morning and she is overwhelmed at the love being shown, both here and on facebook. She has asked me to let you all know how much it means to the family that her boy made such an impression on so many. Some of you said you would like the home address to send cards and messages to and I have this. I'm not going to post it on open forum but please PM me if you'd like to send a card or letter and I'll give you the address.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
I met Drew at the Bushmoot in 2007 and thought he was a nice young man, full of enthusiasm for anything Bushcraft.

My deepest condolences go to his Family and Friends on here.

Neil

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Im sat in shock I met drew a few times at brokers I have no words for his family of comfort but his enthusiasm for bushcraft and life was massive.he always had to know every little detail in what he did and it had to be perfect.his huge energy will be missed.enjoy a comfy hammock and a big fire up there bud with your leather hat on and your camp kitchen full.i'll share a jacks with you again one day just not many cause you could nt handle it.sleep well

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I never met Drew but heard loads of stories about his exploits at the Moot and Middlewood, his frantic energy may have sometimes made him the butt of few "pranks" but in their own way that showed how he was accepted and one of the crowd. Drew's post could be guaranteed to be AUSOME sometimes a challenge to figure out but always honest and you could hear him through the screen.

The impression I got was of a genuine chap, sometimes in his own world but one he loved. The way he threw himself into everything shone through including his recent foray into scouting and talking about it.

Keep on exploring and discovering

Drew Dunn Respect
Gone Home
33401.jpg

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I have know drew for many years and i have watched him grow in to a man. He always made me happy and never stopped surprising me. Drew was and always will be a legend and his spirit will never be far from our camp fires and our hearts. I will never forget him or let his memory fade, for he was a true woodsman and a true friend. druw.jpeg My thoughts go out to drews family and friends. I am devastated that he was taken from us ,they say only the good die young and drew was a good man and thats rare these days. I am just glad i had the chance to know him. RIP Drew Dun RESPECT. 100_0277.jpg

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Can't believe it, don't want to believe it. Gutted!

Rest well buddy & i'm sure we'll share a dram & natter round the fire again in some other place.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
When Drew first arrived at the bushmoot he was over-enthusiastic, ready to rush gung-ho and ill-prepared into anything and seemed desperate to gain our approval with his stories about his exploits. I thought he'd calm down after a few days.

As it transpired, he never did calm down - he kept the energy and vitality of tigger throughout the years I knew him and this, combined with plenty of good-hearted teasing resulted in numerous mishaps, annoyances and entertaining stories. Remember the time he swiped Mad Dave's axe into the sand and accidentally destroyed the edge? Or the time he muddled up the Russian Spetsnaz with the Russian Spastics? Or the mock asians? (Moccasins) Or getting kicked in the jugulars? Or the black cloak and cloak pin?

The stories are timeless - I am sure we will tell them again and laugh again this August. But through all the bluff, clumsiness, laughter and insecurity what really shone through about Drew - to all who knew him - was his great heart. He would genuinely do anything to help if he could. He never wrote to us girls without telling us we are beautiful. He believed the best of everyone. He was loyal, loving and downright good. He never seemed to grow up much, yet he was a better man than many. My life was better for having met him and his journeying on has left a massive hole. There is some consolation in thinking that he is probably causing just as much laughter, trouble and fun where he has gone, but I shall miss him until we meet again.

My thoughts and prayers go to his mother, his family and all those who knew him and loved him. Our lives will always be richer because we knew him, but our hearts will always grieve for his passing.

Go in peace, brother in bushcraft.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Dont really know what to say, i never met him,but i did have a laugh at some of his post's. This thread has definately made me feel sad, sincerest condolencies to his family.
R.I.P.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
I'm am absolutely stunned to read this terrible news . My condolences and thoughts go to Drews family , he was unique ( in every way ) , entertaining , willing , kind hearted and he was part of the fixtures and fittings on this forum and at the Moot where I always received a very warm welcome from him . Most conversations around many campfires have included anecdotes about encounters with young Drew at some point . His actions and attitudes to life were always positive and up beat. This young man was a credit to Mr & Mrs Dunn and I will miss him . God bless you , rest in peace young Drew .

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Had a right laugh with drew at quite a few brockwell and moots meets, living close by we always laughed about the fact we'd drive to bridgend for a holiday from sunny middlesbrough...

a terrible tragic shame, what more can be said?

john

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE