Drew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have just spoken with Jean, Drew Dunn Respects mum. It is with deep regret and a heavy heart I have to inform the community, that Drew was involved in a serious road traffic accident today close to his home and died at the scene.
Jean asked me to let his friends know and all the people at BCUK who's friendship and guidance he treasured. There are no details as yet and the police are still investigating, as soon as I know I'll post further updates. Jean expressly wanted the members of BCUK to know how much he loved his bushcrafting and how important you all were to him. This year was going to be the first time he'd have missed the moot since he began attending in about 2007 IIRC. From a personal point of view Drew was a good lad and taken far too young. He had his faults and annoyed more than one of us, but there was no malice in his body and I don't think he even knew the concept of how to hurt anyone. I for one will miss him (and the hat) and wherever you are mate, I hope there are clear skies, a comfy hammock and a roaring fire. See you on the flip side Mate. Rest In Peace.

drew.jpg

Funeral details below

Wednesday 29th May, 12.30pm,
St Josephs Church,
11 Darlington Lane, Norton,
Stockton-on-Tees, TS20 1EW

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That is such sad news... :(

Drew was a guy with a heart of gold who always wanted to help others as much as possible. I for one will definitely miss him.

Rest in peace Drew..

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm lost for words. He was a good face and brightened my time at the Bushmoot. He will be missed both at 'The Moot' and on the forum. My condolences to friends and family.

RIP wee man, gone but not forgotten.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet in the next world
May your gods hold you in their hand.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ahh Drew :sigh:

Just a big eternal boy, masses of enthusiasm, loved getting involved, loved being around people.

Sleep in peace Drew.
:grouphug:

Mary

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I'm shocked too, never met Drew but spoke with him through the ethernet and only recently we became friends on fb.
Was really looking forward to meeting him at some point.
My sincerest thoughts go to his family and friends.

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
So sorry to hear of this tragic news. Drew was at the first meet I attended and we shared interests in canals and several other areas.

He will be missed from our camp fire.
Jason

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Very sad news, never had the chance to meet him but my thoughts are with his family.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE