DD Frontline - Ridge line and sag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hi all,

As some of you will have seen from other posts of mine, I'm fairly new to Hammocking, with only two hangs under my belt so far.

I have been reading up on the theory of rigging up a hammock with a ridge line to get the perfect sag, eg 83% of the length of the Hammock.

The thing is, I have a DD Frontline, and can't work out how to rig a ridge line up and use the built in mozzie net. I'm probably being daft and not thinking about it properly, so wondered what others do?

Rob

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Personally I forget the theory and go for a fairly tight hang, the Frontline doesn't always respond well to large amounts of sag - the hammocks fine but you end up with a very loose bugnet

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I must admit, I found that I have been favouring a tight hang. It's all too easy to get caught up in all the information I guess, rather than just doing what works best and feels the most comfy.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Simplest way for the DD's is to set the hammock to your prefered sag and then put a ridge line between the trees and attach your fly net to that.
I have been try to put a structral ridge line in for my Frontline and have not yet succeed.

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
My ridgeline runs between the two desender rings on my whoopie slings. These are about 6" above the gathered ends of the hammock, but are still to low to get the net tight. I'm now thinking of a couple of continuous loops through the end channels in a larks head to extend the suspension a little and lift the rings higher; this should sort the problem out.

lab72

Native
Apr 6, 2010
west oxfordshire
Set a ridge line on my frontline using a whoopie and some small carabeaners just unlip to use net but dont really use the net much.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I've used the net each time so far, mainly because it's there I guess. When you don't use it, I presume you "spin" the Hammock over so the net is underneath you?

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
run a ridge line under and level with the height if the inside of the tarp and run your bungy cords of it each end of the net and adjust with prusic knots regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE