Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
i did pose the question with reference to an air rifle and bringing it, being new to this type of meeting, i was unsure how peeps go about it, hence the question :D I'm happy to leave it at home, if i got there and a shoot was arranged for food then i would've been a tad gutted for not bringing mine, but as it is, i'm just looking forward to the company and experience ( as fox is too! )

Dogs again, no problems there, Dusty is new to it all as well, so having him at home with family will be fine :D

Lastly, is there anything you require help with setting up Ivan ( sorry i called you Mick in the pm! ), toilets etc? As i'm local to you i can give you an afternoon next week or even this weekend i can give you a day to help sort anything out ahead of the weekend, drop me a pm and i'll pass on my number if you want another pair of hands to do some digging or constructing :D

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Badger90, i am as new to this as you bud , i like shooting , but as this is first time and numbers etc , we will have to leave it for another time, so ready food it is ! i appreciate your offer of help , but if you want to come and have a nose around , see what you are letting yourselves in for you are more than welcome, bring the dog too , i am around most of the time so if you have a free hour or so give me a shout , and i will more than gladly give you a tour , maybe pick your constructive brains!! atb Ivan...

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Yeah I agree...
I know lots of people see foxes as vermin etc but I think they are a stunning animal and deer have so much grace to them - I couldn't shoot either!

Although rabbits... well there are probably more rabbits in this country than people so they are fair game (excuse the pun) and pigeons and pheasants are just stupid and both taste good so easy to enjoy.

My only question why we cant hunt tourists during tourist season?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Did I see you at B&Q on Saturday Mayo?
I stuck my thumb up to someone in a jeep but didn't know if it was the right person or not.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
If it was legal to hunt tourists I don't think id ever work! this time of year is bliss as we don't get many here, I love it.

as for tripods etc, is like to have a go at making one, we have a old black kettle which is great for keeping some water on the boil for instant cuppas :)

will send ya a pm Ivan as were pretty free on Saturday

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
i'll be bringing my dutch oven and tri-pod... The tri-pod was handmade by Lauditch from the forum so if anyone wants to use any of it and I am not using it myself when requested then feel free.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Hello all. I'm afraid to say that there is going to be another space free. There's been a little turmoil at work and I've got two new assistant managers starting over the next two weeks at the restaurant and am not yet confident enough in their ability to let them run Mother's Day weekend without me around I'm afraid. Needles to say I am unhappy about this but will be up to make use of the land soon Ivan and hope to see some of you over the coming season. Sorry to let you down Ivan.

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Zarkwon, thats a real shame buddy ,of course i understand , i just feel for you mate , anyway you know where it is ! so when ever you feel the need to escape the " old rat race " just give me a shout any time, atb Ivan..

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
on the gun front... although i have fired air rifles, my main experience is with the NATO issue SLR, GMPG, SMG and a little with LMG and Browning 9mm

that was on dartmoor too, but a lonnngggggg time ago ;)

pointless post i know, just wanted to let you know i am still here and we are all still coming... just v busy at the mo and finding time to get online is v diff (other than the essientials of email and facebook :p )

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hello everybody, just to let you know my internet is down and could be for up to five days (stinky BT). You have all my phone number if there is anything you need to discuss please feel free to ring, sorry about that out of my hands. I havnt deserted you! All the best Ivan (George Ivan's Son)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Dont want to offend anyone , people have different views on guns and shooting , but in the future i will be organising a shooting/ bushcraft meet, as i have a couple of hundred acres at my disposal , not too far from my site , best of both worlds to some , but that will be announced after this meet . Ivan..

Now that is exactly what I'm after. Your site sounds like my seventh heaven.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Off to see Ivan tomorrow and hopefully get some sort of tree bog set up for the following weekend n such, any messages i can pass on for you ( if you don't wish to ring and ask ;) ) ask em here :D

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Well I've been in a forum void.... I have only been checking on here when I got a notification that someone had posted. So I thought it had just gone quite for a while... but no, I just was getting any notifications thru... Doh.

Bushwacker, If you don't get a better offer I'm happy to pick you up Early Friday Afternoon. I've got a Renault Scenic, there would be four of us but I don't see a problem with space, It would just be cosy ;)

Mick, I would hope to be there for 3ish on Friday.

Southey & Zarkwon, Gutted you guys can't make it. And especially as it was Zarkwon was the one that started the original thread and getting the idea out there. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE