Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 6, 2011
none
Just as a foot note , my face looks like a roosters comb , so the guys want to bring moisturiser oh yeah and hand cream , amazing some of the old sayings ,many hands make light work ! etc hell in the woods under that kind of pressure , and so little time it would have been nice to kickback chill out , relax and enjoy some fireside banter , cook and eat prperly etc , but so few hours in the day , still maybe have a chance to have some quality time April first, should have recovered by then...

oh yeah bring gloves i broke a nail , lifting a huge log nearer to the fire !

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
oh yeah bring gloves I broke a nail , lifting a huge log nearer to the fire !

Half an hour, an it'll be good as new dude!
Nail-Arts.jpg

Feb 6, 2011
none
Southey are you telepathic thats how i have mine at the moment , apart from the ring finger thanks to over exersion in the woods, i am booked in for weds something chic and alluring , i am going to nail bar city , a great little place i have found , their motto is " And in the woods this spring they are wearing " cant wait to show them off, this purer form of bushcrafting is becoming expensive ...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Zarkwon , if we had of had more time, we were going to try the new teepee pyramid , a middle eastern twist on structure for all weathers, but the price of the stone and completing all the other tasks was monumemental, and as time was of the essence and such inclement weather, just couldnt do, maybe another weekend eh . oh and let demand and the stne markets to settle down " buy high sell low " .. its how i got where i am today ...see you on the 1st ..

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Just a reminder...

The final guest list. If you'er names not down you're not coming in... Well not this time

1. FreddyFish (+2)
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jon(ajuna) Lesa, Cory (13) and Tilly (10)
7. Bushwhacker - will be bringing cider courtesy of British Red.
8. Steve, Joy & Sophie (aged 10)
9. Neumo
10. Radix lecti
11. jaysurfer
12. Ivan & Katie (aka. mongoose13 (aged 11))
13. dave53
14. Emma and Nathan
15. salad

If anyone on the list can't make it would be good to know asap as we have had a couple of additional requests that we have had to turn down at this time.
So if you find you can't come for any reason please PM me.

Thanks

18 days and counting.......

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
yeah I realised last night I had jumped the gun by a week! Obviously way to over excited about the coming event...
Oh well just gives me another week to spend sharpening my knives!

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hello Friends, Just a couple of things , i know a few of you are aiming to come on Thursday31st March, i would just like to know who is coming on what day and roughly ETA , just coz i am a fussin , no seriously i know you are all brilliant navigators , but the site is a little way from where you will park and i dont want to spend all day up and down on the quad. So if you could let me know rough times i can have the red carpet and champagne on ice waiting for you . You should all have directions etc , anybody who hasnt just let me know , and all though mobile reception is limited i will do my best to be where i can recieve your calls as regards directions from car parking to the site etc. atb Ivan..

Not excited one bit !!
Also i have had to slip George at the met office another tenner to ensure weather like today 20/3/11, check it out !!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I'm sorry to say I will be unable to attend, I have let bushwhacker know to as I had intended to give him a lift to and from the meet. I have tried every avenue open to me to try to make it possible to go but it just isn't going to happen, Have fun guys.

Feb 6, 2011
none
Sorry to here that , southey , never mind buddy ,if this one is a hit there will be more and hopefully you can come , or if you can sort out other dates for yourself or a few mates , just give us a shout , atb Ivan..

Feb 6, 2011
none
Further , to a few peole having to drop out , i will open it up to those who showed an interest after close date , please let me or FreddyFish know as soon as possible ,thanks Ivan ..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE