Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
well I popped out to the local south african store in weston super-mare today to pick up a good supply of biltong for the week end. they do the proper stuff in great big slabs:)

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
I can pick up some if you like, strikeforce is only a couple of miles away.

He has cord hanks cut from chutes, I think each hank is about 18' £1 a hank
or he has fake paracord and I think that is 100mts for £10.

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk

If you get stuck, I'm around on friday and have 100ft ( 550 strength ) of the stuff i bought. Although i don't necessarily need it, so it's yours if you get no luck elsewhere :D

either of your kind offers will make me happy, would prefer full length, so unless you really want to go and see Jasper Freddie, its easiest i guess to take up Badgers offer :)

but at £10 for 100m, i will be sorting myself with some of strikeforces at some point! :) should be over that way the end of the month, have a 50th birthday bash to attend. be nice to see what clearance stuff he has in too :p

so Badger unless Freddie says he is off to strikeforce anyway (and please dont do a special journey), will a fiver be a good swap for your cord? :)

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
i'm sure it says somewhere, but im being thick :(

we still doing the group meal? if so, when and was there anything to bring to chip in?

have to plan feeding the kids, so much to do yet bugger all time to do it :(

edit: ok, found my answer to part two :)

see you all friday! :)

Last edited:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
i'm sure it says somewhere, but im being thick :(

we still doing the group meal? if so, when and was there anything to bring to chip in?

have to plan feeding the kids, so much to do yet bugger all time to do it :(

edit: ok, found my answer to part two :)

see you all friday! :)

I was planning to bring my own food, but am happy to share what I have if a big feast thing is what everyone is up for

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
I was planning to bring my own food, but am happy to share what I have if a big feast thing is what everyone is up for

likewise, there is a planned group meal with a ground oven lamb.

im sort of assuming this is on the saturday eve???? will still bring breaky and lunches for sat and sun and a bit extra just in case. will prob eat on the way friday (kids wont last that long, come to that, i struggle!) and again on the way home sunday as will be off mid afternoon as school/work monday :(

just the "waterproofs/no waterproofs" dilemma now :(

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Friday to Sunday

A damp start to Friday, although becoming reasonably bright and warm later in the day. Sunny spells with showers possible on Saturday, with a chance of some heavier showers Sunday.

so typical british "cant make its blinking mind up" weather than :/

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Bring waterproofs - we are as it is spring on Dartmoor after all... :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see how our tarp setup copes in the wet - we've not encountered wet weather while bushcrafting yet :D

Did someone say they were bringing a 'chute?

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
aye to the waterproofs, just with four of us, it means four pairs of trousers, four jackets.. well four of everything and really dont want to bring too much stuff :(

twas either Jay or Freddie bring the chute, hope someone has a bow to take the cord up over a tree limb :p (and can i borrow to put the tarp up high too ;) )

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Jona, £5 is fine mate, i'm around on Friday afternoon at some point, so make yourself known to me asap so i can give it to you :D

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hello Everyone , Those nice people at BT have finally listened to me and i am back!! , did i hear a huge nationwide groan ? anyway , really looking forward to meeting you all and we are going to have a great time , any questions ? ask now . I will post directions in the cabin if i am not there to greet you personally , and have a red ribbon system in place to follow as it will be easier to follow, you will see what i mean , so if i spot you on the way and say BCUK ? and you look at me in a funny way , just ignore me and enjoy your walk on the moors !!

Feb 6, 2011
none
What i forgot to say is , i will be the grey haired idiot on a green quad , and i have aquired some very nice mess and patrol tents from the guides , so any budding marquee erectors will be very welcome !!

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hey James , hello buddy feels like ive been locked away , thats great mate , just give a ring i will pick it up as i am running around like a headless chicken ... sorry, sensibly awaiting everybodys arrival !

Feb 6, 2011
none
By the way , dont know if i am allowed to do this but crazysaint222 on natural buhcraft has recently returned from my place , and has posted some nice pics of his trip for anyone who wants an insight , sorry if that offends !!

Feb 6, 2011
none
I used to love cold kebabs !! but now i am nearly a growed up i refrain, but if you have to stop off think of me !! get here as soon as you can coz iwant to bagsy first go on the rmc !

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
If anyone has a spare ( for sale ) axe head sheath for Fox's hatchet and is coming to the meet, could you bring it with you and let me know how much you want for it?

She had a little rubber tip for hers but i lost it yesterday somewhere at Ivans and she's shouting at me atm :( :)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
What i forgot to say is , i will be the grey haired idiot on a green quad , and i have aquired some very nice mess and patrol tents from the guides , so any budding marquee erectors will be very welcome !!

No worries I can put those things up with my eyes shut... comes from many nights spent sneeking into guides tents when I was a scout years ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE