corona virus projects any one?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hiya, as far as I am aware there are two styles of Sami drums, one is a bowl shape (from a burl) with skin stretched over it, the second is like a more traditional frame drum but not round!.
The Sami shape frame drum allows for a wider range of tones. If you make one then can't find anywhere to keep it I am happy to store it here for, i will of play it to keep it in trim for you.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
We have a commercially made hoop drum here. I'll try to dig out a picture for you but it's not very accurate.

There is an excellent book on the subject by Ernst Manker. In German only unfortunately but he made drawings of all of the exiting drums known.

This site has copies of those illustrations. ( Just click on the thumbnail images for a closer look.)

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
I have had quite a productive lockdown with refurbishing twenty or so old tools and knives and then making a few leather covers and sheaths. 3026E865-058E-450F-A4BC-DD1C3CA84483.jpeg
ECBED858-F43B-454C-9889-318888C3FAB4.jpeg
It is quite boring now I have to go back to work
Cheers Andy

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I'm still making bases/mounts for my wife's glasswork. My latest stand is almost unseen because your eye is attracted to the glass :)

50147096446_62df1b8976_c.jpg

It is in american white oak, fine sanded and then finished with walnut oil.

Cheers, Bob

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The mosquito population has exploded and it's quite frightening to go outside.
As we have 25C sun, all the ranchers are off to the hay fields, I don't know how they can stand it.

I have a list of some dozen wood carving projects of all sizes that are in various stages.
Trying desperately hard to turn my attention to them rather than buy a couple of cedar logs
and start something new. If the bugs quit, I'd be log buying.

I did haft a big crooked knife blade (Kestrel) that was gifted to me 18 months ago.
Next on the bench is an elbow adze blade.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bishop: Very nice, thanks. I'd be out there, too, if the need arose. #2 shot in a 3" x 12 ga load.
"Two in the body and one in the head
guarantees they're really dead."

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Whats the tale from the war of a remote arctic air base waving in a plane...

...only to find it was a mosquito?

This joke works several ways

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE