Comments about bushcraft uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Everyone,

I just thought would start this thread to get some feedback on the site.
Any comments, good and bad would be appreciated, we need to know what you think so we can provide the best service.

There is still a lot to come, I just want to make sure it's what you want.

Enjoy!

Tony :D

It`s a few years down the line since Tony posted this but I wonder if he ever thought it would be the place it is today.

Over 10,000 members last time I looked so he must be doing something right.

Cheers Tony :beerchug:

I think it's a great site and forum I've spent hours reading as much as I can over the past week on here BUT I think there should be less rules on the forum, It doesn't strike me as the sort to attract 14 year old american forum trolls and as such it should just be set up in a manner that allows a large group of members to collectively delete threads if they are deemed to be highly offensive as it seems that generally people on here are pretty mature and well balanced, but that's just my opinion. I'm firmly against moderation or censorship of any sort really, I wouldn't be surprised if one day there was moderators checking our emails.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it's a great site and forum I've spent hours reading as much as I can over the past week on here BUT I think there should be less rules on the forum, It doesn't strike me as the sort to attract 14 year old american forum trolls and as such it should just be set up in a manner that allows a large group of members to collectively delete threads if they are deemed to be highly offensive as it seems that generally people on here are pretty mature and well balanced, but that's just my opinion. I'm firmly against moderation or censorship of any sort really, I wouldn't be surprised if one day there was moderators checking our emails.

Why on Earth would we do that ???:eek: We have enough work keeping things running smoothly, thank you.
As for the forum trolls..............we've banned dozens this month alone.
What you don't see is the amount of work that goes on in the background to help keep the forum as peaceable as it is.

cheers,
Toddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Please - keep it as it is!
I love it here, the best site on the web, where standards are kept high by excellent (well most of the time:)) Modes.
Keep up the good work!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Very happy with the way it's run,mostly.Generally it does seem as though some posters get away with posys that others don't .But as has been said ,We don't have to be here if we don't want to,and the numbers show that many people are here.
A great site ,keep it as it is.

clownman

Jan 9, 2009
Tamworth
What you don't see is the amount of work that goes on in the background to help keep the forum as peaceable as it is.

Im a mod on another site and we too ban a fair amount of them too, though we catch most of them before they're even let loose on the site.

As for my views on the forum…I think this place is great, so much knowledge and advice here, It's you guys, the members that make it such a great forum.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I think it's a fantastic site.
I've learnt so much and, due to member's inspiring posts, had many ideas for projects.
The only criticism I have (and it's one I can live with) is that it, at times, seems a bit too zealously moderated - some of the moderation is either heavy-handed or patronising. Sometimes.
But it doesn't cause me turmoil and doesn't stop me reading a site that I was really chuffed to find.

Why on Earth would we do that ???:eek: We have enough work keeping things running smoothly, thank you.

cheers,
Toddy

wow touche'. I really didn't think this would be the sort of forum to attract trolls. Please accept my apologies for perhaps not appreciating how hard you guys have to work.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
annymous (shaun) you ask for get togethers about the country , but we already do that with the meetups section don't we?
I think the best part about this site is the meetups and bushmoot. There is some top members with excellent skills ready to share.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
annymous (shaun) you ask for get togethers about the country , but we already do that with the meetups section don't we?
I think the best part about this site is the meetups and bushmoot. There is some top members with excellent skills ready to share.

Maybe there were not so many in 2003?

outpost31

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2009
scotland
hi folks after years of reading this site i finally joined,needless to say i think it's great .its my number one stop for info on all aspects of "bushcraft". i also get to live vicariously through those who post in the out and about section,on days when i can't get out .keep it up it's become a wee lifeline on miserable days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE