[CLOSED FOR NEW ORDERS] Bushlite Candle Lamp Group Buy - Round 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Another teaser...this time for purchasers of the red version. I opened one this morning and I have to say that I am really pleased. Rather than being painted in a tinny cheap red, they have been finished in a textured finish with a slight wine hue. This makes them far classier looking than I had expected and in my opinion every bit as good looking as the brass version.

IMG_20140613_075218.jpg

By the way I've weighed the brass version and it's exactly 400g.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Damn it completely forgot!! Been home since Tuesday!! Sorry!! Can you ping me the payment details and I will pay straight away Matt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi All,

I've just posted 22 parcels so the lanterns should be on their way. Sorry about the dodgy packaging on some. If you could let me know when stuff arrives that would be great. Parcels have been sent 2nd Class Royal Mail so there's no proper tracking and compo is only up to £20. Let's hope they arrive OK.

There are some postal refunds due to some so I will PM when I can.

Cheers,
Matt.

PS. One of the red ones was pressed into urgent service last night as a corroded underground cable caused a major power surge up our street yesterday and we were without power all day until about 10pm. The surge has taken out our boiler, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, and several small appliances:-(.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Great that they're arriving quickly...I thought it would be a couple of days before they started to trickle through. I just hope that they all get there safely. Potentially, I've got one or two spare (for buyers from whom I haven't I received payment) but a major loss would be a pain. Let's trust Royal Mail for now though:).

I will chase up the spare glass lamps today for those that were after them.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
One has arrived...waiting for the other. Must say I'm very pleased I went for the red- lovely lamps. They seem to be a bit more robust than the uco lanterns. Cheers Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seg1959

Forager
Feb 8, 2010
Surrey, UK
Got my first (of two) today as well. Very nice in Red, I must admit.
I had a bit of a struggle trying to push all 3 brass 'pillars' in order to close it though - is there a special trick? At some point I thought I'd break the glass...
Must be the way I do it, I obviously need to practice.

Thanks to Matt for organizing this.

seg

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
For all those that don't know the lamp uses 5" candles. I'm using Sainsbury's Basics with an inch trimmed off. Much cheaper than the Bushlite ones.

Great tip!! Thanks for that!! Iv also heard that if you put a couple of tiny holes down to the wicks you can put some citronella oil in and make anti moxie candles cheap as the oil soaks into the wick!!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Great that they're arriving quickly...I thought it would be a couple of days before they started to trickle through. I just hope that they all get there safely. Potentially, I've got one or two spare (for buyers from whom I haven't I received payment) but a major loss would be a pain. Let's trust Royal Mail for now though:).

I will chase up the spare glass lamps today for those that were after them.

Mine turned up yesterday Matt, opened it about 10 mins ago!!

Really pleased with the lamp, lovely bit of kit!!
Bit disappointed with the deluxe case, doesn't really offer much protection but it's cool!!

I don't no if I am due any sort of postage refund but if I am please don't worry!! I'm more than happy with what I paid and with the amount of hassle you got with this group buy you deserve it!! Even if it is penny's lol

Iv said before and I will say it again, thank you very much indeed for doing this, and more importantly your patience with me taking ages to pay, because of being in hospital, your a star :)

Atb
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE