CAUTION: Scouser approaching

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 8, 2006
Liverpool
Hello! My name is Cliff, I'm from Liverpool (but don't hold that against me :D ), I am an ambo-man and part time grumpy sod.

I am 37, married with one 11 year old daughter (who thinks she's 28 :rolleyes: ),
I've never been on a 'plane :eek: :eek: , we do the camping thing as often as possible, and I think I'm gonna like it here. :)

Cliff.

andy_scouser

Nov 29, 2005
Ormskirk
another shooting scouser i see ;)

I love this site, I don't really post *yet* but i have a feeling im going to get more involved :nana:

May 8, 2006
Liverpool
snock said:
A Scouser is an inhabitant of Liverpool, England.
They are called this because of the name of a local dish, Scouse.

:)

Correct Pete.

(quote, not verbatim, from the scouser website:)
Scouse was brought to Liverpool by sailors from Nothern Europe, it was originally called Labskause but was shortened to skause and over time the spelling has changed to today's version.

Originally, the people who ate Scouse were sailors and their families, eventually all sailors within Liverpool were known as scousers, time has once again taken it's turn and now, everyone from the Liverpool area is known as a Scouser.

A recipe for scouse can be found here:
http://www.scouser.com/recipe/index.html

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Scouse sounds like hearty camp food to me i'll be giving that a try. :) unless it makes me talk funny and want to play for Accrington Stanley ? ;)

James

May 8, 2006
Liverpool
jdlenton said:
Scouse sounds like hearty camp food to me i'll be giving that a try. :) unless it makes me talk funny and want to play for Accrington Stanley ? ;)

James

James, it is the food of the Gods.
It can be cooked much quicker in a pressure cooker, but you need to be careful not to allow it to "catch" in the bottom of the pan.
It tastes even better the next day when left overnight in the fridge.

PS: Brown sauce and red pickled cabbage are mandatory ;)

Cliff.

May 8, 2006
Liverpool
jdlenton said:

James

Talk funny?
No way mate, you'd have to live up here for many years before the lingo got a grip of you.

As for Accrington Stanley: WHO???? :D :D :p

andy_scouser

Nov 29, 2005
Ormskirk
jdlenton said:
Scouse sounds like hearty camp food to me i'll be giving that a try. :)
It is a lovely meal, we have it a couple of times a month, lashings of pickled red cabbage and pickled beetroot, so the gravy goes red... the only Liverpool colour to stand by ;)
You could cook it before hand and heat to eat.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Welcome Clifftop,this is a grand site. :) Your correct regarding the labskauce,this dish is still eaten in Norway today.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE