can lannyman come out to play?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nah, Sorry, I already checked for you when Mark and I were leaving. :-C

How you doing anyway? Is she looking after you well?

Did you pay Mike or Steph? And do you know about Kendal Phil?

Last edited:

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hey Vandeen,

what exactly is the problem with the money? Looking at the list it appears everyone paid; Kendal Phil hasn't responded yet but he is too well organised and too nice a guy not to have paid....

Did Mike tell you any specifics or is it a vague feeling that something is amiss?

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi John, it was Steph actually who mentioned it to Mark & I but I got the feeling they'd both been on the wine all day what with the food tasting / open day; maybe they were thinking there was going to be more of us?
It certainly looked that way back at the start before people dropped out, so we don't know what projected numbers they were working on.

I'm up at Ryton at some stage over the weekend so I'll let them know how many of us actually turned up & I'm sure it will all be sorted out.

Last edited:

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Re Sorting out the bill, my reconing is as below unless I've missed anyone?

If people could fill in the blanks please:-

Friday Evening

VANDEEN 2 Nights Paid Mike & Signed Book
Orric 2 Nights Paid Mike & Signed Book
Native Nathan 1 Night Paid Mike & Signed Book

Saturday

Lanny 1 Night Paid Mike & Signed Book
John L 1 Night Paid Mike & Signed Book
Andy54 1 Night Paid Mike & Signed Book
Torie 1 Night Paid Mike & Signed Book
Adam 1 Night Paid Mike & Signed Book

Sunday

Chris 1 Night Paid Steph book?
Merrygold 1 Night Paid Mike & Steph book?

Unknown if paid or signed book

"Spara peg" toilet digger
Mrs digger
Kendal Phil
Minstrel John

Cheers Vandeen

I dropped eight golden coins into Steph's apron pocket before I left, but I wasn't presented with a book.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Vandeen,

what exactly is the problem with the money? Looking at the list it appears everyone paid; Kendal Phil hasn't responded yet but he is too well organised and too nice a guy not to have paid....

Did Mike tell you any specifics or is it a vague feeling that something is amiss?

Inclined to agree, think it's most likely a error.

kendalphil

Jan 16, 2011
kendal cumbria
Hi John,

Thanks for the kind words, regarding payment as you all know it was my 1st meet, not knowing the usual procedures regarding payment to Brockwell Wood. I was informed that Jamie or someone would be collecting a group payment, seeing that Jamie had his accident and was not there to take a group payment in saying goodbye and thank you for a interesting weekend, I promised Chris Lannaman I would call into the farm to make my payment of £8.00 in which I duly did I gave it to the farmer not knowing his name. I did not know that a signing in book existed.

My apologies for the late reply been really pushed at work will do a full report next week.

Thank you for the warm welcome and all the advice given a great bunch of bushcrafters next time there is a meet in your neck of the woods please please please put my name down.

Regards
kendalphil

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey all, just thinking now, when i talked to Ike he said about the 2 girls who caused all the noise did not pay, think he said they where from sunderland, but as they did a runner thats probley not true either, maybe they are thinking of them instead of us.....

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I went up to see Mike last Monday with a list of who'd arrived when & paid who and who'd signed the book etc etc

He's happy with our "accounts" & that we're all square with the money and said he'd let Steph know, I also got jokingly offered a job of doing his admin for my thouroughness. :)

As I said at the time I think they'd both had a really hectic time with the food & wine open day etc and may have forgotten about it later but felt it necessary having been "accused" that we should clear it up so as not to blot our copybook, it's too good a place to risk anyone being upset over a mistake.

Anyway, my 3 photos are up now, the "money shots" so to speak.

Enjoy http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79919&p=975796#post975796

So when we going again :)

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I went up to see Mike last Monday with a list of who'd arrived when & paid who and who'd signed the book etc etc

He's happy with our "accounts" & that we're all square with the money and said he'd let Steph know, I also got jokingly offered a job of doing his admin for my thouroughness. :)

As I said at the time I think they'd both had a really hectic time with the food & wine open day etc and may have forgotten about it later but felt it necessary having been "accused" that we should clear it up so as not to blot our copybook, it's too good a place to risk anyone being upset over a mistake.

Anyway, my 3 photos are up now, the "money shots" so to speak.

Enjoy http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79919&p=975796#post975796

So when we going again :)

goodjob cheers gary mate, erm i think i may be able to bear enoungh weight on me peg in 4 weeks, got an appointment with the consultant on wednes day.
will let you know,

Keep me posted. I'd like to give the old under blanket a whirl when I'm not too drunk to make it work properly.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
A bit late this....but...thanks to Chris for his perseverance with me on the bow drill thingy. I had some time fiddling with it today and, finally, I MADE FIRE

Me and a mate had a fire fest and scolded his drive with bow drill, flint and steel, and King Al's cakes using the fire steel.

'twas a very satisfying couple of hours and worth every hour of my long apprenticeship

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
A bit late this....but...thanks to Chris for his perseverance with me on the bow drill thingy. I had some time fiddling with it today and, finally, I MADE FIRE

I'm gonna book in for the "Long Apprenticeship" course you had last time then John :lmao:, like I said on the other post

"I now have 2 hearth boards with rows of neatly drilled blackened holes, half a cup full of wood dust, 12 foot less cord than I had before (several bow strings), and a drill that is about an inch shorter but still no fire from wood"

I never did get on well with wood :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE