Bushcraft Widow...!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I don't get it. I'm single but go on loads of dates but they never seem to want a second. I always make sure I've shaved the month before and wear my best army surplus lightweights with my Mora dangling proud. Maybe she doesn't enjoy the scent of woodsmoke as much as Davidoff Cool Water cologne?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT still wonders how the hang I ended up modding a bushcraft forum :D
My knifage collection is just a touch disconcerting (my sons have said that when I croak it that they're praying there's still an amnesty :yikes:) and you wouldn't believe the stick I got when my parachute arrived :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
My knifage collection is just a touch disconcerting (my sons have said that when I croak it that they're praying there's still an amnesty :yikes:) and you wouldn't believe the stick I got when my parachute arrived :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

you should see the look i got when i turned some bean tins into a stove, you know "that look" the oh my god whats he doing now look (among others...lol)

chris..

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I only have myself to worry about.... Hence being on here at stupid o'clock brams....

With a meet at stupid o'clock in the morning!

Still, the woods is as good as any place for a hangover :)

Cheers!

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Dear OffRoadMick,

This is what you and your knives will look like if you dont get off this site and pay me some attention.
1253120026_the-ex-unique-knife-holder_1.jpg

Lots of love

Mrs OffRoadMick xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This was posted by my other half in a different thread while I popped to the loo...She is funny...!!!:yikes: We snuggled down shortly after and watched 'get him to the greek' on dvd. Now it's finished and she's sleeping, i'm back on the net....lol

Biker

Biker, what other half?

Well I just assumed, but I'm guessing a girl like you is a rare thing anyway, at least on a forum like this. Once you do hunt a likely vistom down and nail him to the floor, just make sure you don't nag him narrow about how he does the washing up or that he never does the ironing correctly or that he's always leaving his knitting in the most stupid places and no his bum doesn't look big in those trousers. :lmao:

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)

cheers,
M

I love that i now have more knives than Pinky, axe included :lmao:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
I don't get stick for being on here but she does have a grumble about me buggering off to Scotland every month :)

She's quite outdoorsy so comes on a lot of day trips with me, she won't do camping though unless there's proper toilets, hot showers and a hair dryer, oh and somewhere to plug her hair straighteners in :)

i fitted slave batteries and a 500w invertor / solar/ split charger to the pick up,..

sort of took away all her excuses,....

i drew the line at a 50 inch plasma tho,...

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
im lucky...my missus grew up on a farm so can ident wild edibles and native wildlife better than i can! However, she draws the line at nights out in the woods...nowhere to plug her straighteners in!! that being said, she buys me lots of bushy stuff...but on a weekend i have to "sneak" glances at the Blackberry Bushcraft group as apparently i spend too much time on there...oops! i blame raikey and southey!!

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
This was posted by my other half in a different thread while I popped to the loo...She is funny...!!!:yikes: We snuggled down shortly after and watched 'get him to the greek' on dvd. Now it's finished and she's sleeping, i'm back on the net....lol

Did you both share a Jeffery and stroke the furry wall after the film mate? :lmao:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Lisa's a member on here
and has been on the fundamental course with me at woodlore
she's very understanding of my obssession i just have to buy two of the latest must have toys
southey does your mrs really call you a wimp? gutted mate :)

Haha just read your post Sam!!! it's not my fault, i like my comforts now, anyway I was the one digging in, while she was checking in!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
im lucky...my missus grew up on a farm so can ident wild edibles and native wildlife better than i can! However, she draws the line at nights out in the woods...nowhere to plug her straighteners in!! that being said, she buys me lots of bushy stuff...but on a weekend i have to "sneak" glances at the Blackberry Bushcraft group as apparently i spend too much time on there...oops! i blame raikey and southey!!

hahahah i got a "stern talking to" the other weekend too,...

she calls you all my ,.......well cant really say on here,...hahahhahaha

Southey is the ring leader tho,....

he's gonna be the cause of our divorces,...and your not even married yet!!!!!!

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Southey is the ring leader tho,....

he's gonna be the cause of our divorces,...and your not even married yet!!!!!!

i often worry hahaha ...i spent 2 hours in the barn-type thing fixing the lawnmower..in reality i had it sorted in about 40 mins and the rest of the time i was checking in with the gang as ive been so busy lately ive missed lots of bushy goodness... its like a secret affair...so i guess my missus is a bushy widow, she just doesnt know it yet!!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Well,...Ali has just gone to bed,....

and i,m laid here , on the living room floor, inside my new arctic bag, with the conservatory doors open , so i have a draught on me face,...

i think i'll draw the line at lighting a fire,....

i,m not sad , i,m just ,.......i dont know,..is there a word for it?

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
i,m not sad , i,m just ,.......i dont know,..is there a word for it?

an outdoors aficianado i think is the word mate.

im here, massive window overlooking the city, wide open, nice and cool. but instead of the noise of wildlife, its police sirens and road traffic...gotta love newcastle!!!..im looking at this chest of drawers wondering if my new employers willl notice if its missing and the massive scorch mark on their carpet....someone stop me!!! DONT STOP ME!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE