Bushcraft Widow...!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
My missus says "you're always polishing your knives and looking on the bush forum thing, i'm a bushcraft widow!!! "

So... How about we get all our other halves to sign up to the forum and join the fun??
We could have new threads on cooking, knitting, and the best way to get your sooty pans clean! :lmao:

But seriously... Do you guys get stick like i do for being on here?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
When I asked her for the ok to go to the moot her gleeful reply was....

'Oh yeah... that means I get a week of peace and quiet without you round the house!!'

Maybe she was trying to tell me something... :rolleyes:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
My little Wifey is an assistant survival instructor as part of her job, I get called a wimp for taking a hammock out, as it's a luxury item. and she is already a member here:headbang::camping::cool:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No way!
She knows her place - cooking me a roast dinner for when I come home!
She will kill me if she ever reads this or similar posts I have made!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I don't get stick for being on here but she does have a grumble about me buggering off to Scotland every month :)

She's quite outdoorsy so comes on a lot of day trips with me, she won't do camping though unless there's proper toilets, hot showers and a hair dryer, oh and somewhere to plug her hair straighteners in :)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hell yes, i get loads of stick, all the time.....

my wife understands what i do and why, she just doesnt like me doing it as often as i do, and thats mainly the internet side of it....

but hey, life goes on.....lol....

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't get to much stick for spending time here, I get it in the neck for being online a lot, but like JD0330 said above she's busy doing other things like watching TV, she's not that into facebook.

As for the practical side of bushcraft, it's the same story she does what she does I can play making stuff of going out. She's not too chuffed about me making a mess in places that are designated as mutual areas like the kitchen, but then I have aworkshop so I keep my stuff in there.

When I say to her someone at BCUK said such and such she does roll her eyes a bit though. I suppose I am a bit obsessvie about this forum but I really enjoy being here and reading stuff and enjoying the banter.

Tengu, tell me you don't give you fella a hard time about something then.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
Well, i was with a girl thats a dancer in London, i was heading for a similar London lifestyle (not a dancer hahaha). After taking a course with woodsmoke decided i want to do outdoor education at university. Now were split up because our lifestyles are way to different and its for the better. I'm way to young for that, unless a bushcrafty/outdoors girl was to come along.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE