Britain to start terrorism survival course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Final post from me in this thread!

Clearly some crossed wires!

If you wanted to disagree with the sentiment, why pick on the choice of language??

You said "language does not appear to be your strong point!", but the statement made perfect sense... it's just that you disagreed with it!

Which isn't a language problem at all. :confused:

It's not hard to see why I (and several other posters) assumed you were having a pop at ScarletPimpernal's choice of phrase.

Clearly that wasn't your intent, and I'm happy to apologise for the misinterpretation, but I would hope you can see why a statement like "language does not appear to be your strong point!" is not only rather rude, but also meaningless if your intent was to highlight a flaw in the reasoning behind the post (because, as mentioned, there was nothing wrong at all with the choice of language, as we all understood the intention of the post).

aliensxn3.gif

I did not "pick on the choice of language". The language expressed the "sentiment", "reasoning" and "intention of the post".

If the writer's statement made perfect sense, I'm hardly likely to disagree with it!

I do appreciate your apology, thank you.

I regret if any person reading my statement found it "...rather rude, but also meaningless...", although quite how a statement can be rude and meaningless remains unclear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE