Bow drill workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi all

I hope I am not last to say thanks.

I must say I was very impressed with the workshop. Nick and Mark you seem to make a good team. The veggie stew went down a storm with my 2 year old daughter.
Nick thanks for showing me your style of Bowdrill kits and Mark thanks for the reminder on the Pheasant preparation.

Until the next workshop or Booshmoot.

Cheers

George

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
Eureaka, I know, I know, I said I'd get it by the end of the week but I have now successfully managed to do it, and more than once.

I know that you guys will appreciate the silly grin I've been wearing all week.

I just need to practice..practice .. practice.

Cheers Nick and Mark.

Steve

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Excellent stuff Steve. Well done. I'm happy to do another one of these workshops if there is enough interest, and maybe a bit on plant ID'ing. I'm really big into plants and know a fair few, but am by no means an expert. If someone knows a bit about plants and wants to do a joint Plant ID'ing workshop and Bowdrill session...................Please step forward and make yourself known :red:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Well done Steve! Bet your chuffed to bits! Just keep up the practice now!

Nick, as I said to you on the day of the last workshop, a Plant ID session would be great. So I would certainly be up for coming up there for that, and its always good to have an excuse to play with the bow drill. :D

A

Annie

Me too - very interested in plant ID & getting my bow drill set to work - complete novice I'm afraid.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Another one for the workshop. Enjoyed the last one. When we last spoke Nick, we talked about the possibility of identifying trees/plants that could be used for a Bowdrill/Handdrill and to see if we could make up a set that would work. Could form part of the plant ID workshop.

George

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
my plant id is rubish but i'm willing to helpout with any workshop. was really dissapointed to not make the last one.

James

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Great stuff, looks like there's plenty of interest then. Righty how about setting a date. Sunday 14th May OK for everyone?

I,m happy to do the Bowdrill workshop, and as before will supply drills and hearths to people who need them. Of course you're welcome to bring your own if you have them.

Kit list - Bow - Bearing block - Knife - Para cord - packed lunch and drink and usual personal kit like wet weather gear FAK etc.
I'm afraid we won't be able to do the workshop at the farm again this time. I have a few locations in mind and will post them after I've talked to a few people but it will be in the Oxfordshire area. If you want to camp you'll have to organise that yourselves. There are a few options for campsites around here. If you google campsites in Oxfordshire you should find something.

As for the Plant ID'ing, as I mentioned I'm certainly no expert but will happily share what I know. If anyone is well up on their plant knowledge and would be good enough to do a walk/talk that would be great.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I was hoping to go to the Knife show in Exeter and camp at Widecombe, but now need to save my pennies for something so could do without the cost of petrol especially at nearly £1 a litre.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi

What's the rule on kids coming along? my wife is doing a double shift that day so not the best but if kids are able to come I could probably swing it.

Pib

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Shame about the farm the last workshop was a great day, put me down for two places. As Im from Kent if anyone is camping let me know where as I would like to camp out saturday night but dont know the area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE